Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Apache/Webpages on NAT IPv4 VPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Apache/Webpages on NAT IPv4 VPS?

tesseltessel Member
edited June 2015 in Help

OK, got a VPS from DollarVZ and just playing around trying to get Apache2 up and running. I do not have a domain pointing to the VPS as that's not what I am trying to do. Using the shared IP and one of my available ports, I was trying to see if I could serve web pages. I installed everything I need fine, apache is running and etc etc. I edited the necessary files and changed the port to one of my available ports. However, after visiting the IP, eg: 84.39.1.30:5219 nothing is showing up. Obviously I am doing something wrong. Anyone care to help out? :) What (if it's possible) needs to be edited so I can serve websites on an available port on the shared IP?

All fixed. Was obviously my own fault. Mod_sec rules seem to be a bit different on NAT VPS? No idea why but my setup I use on dedicated IPs and standard port needed some rules edited out. Anyway, just playing. Thank you all.

Comments

• well, "nothing shows up" could mean a lot of things really, does nothing show up, but an apache error? or connection refused/timeout? or just a blank page.

when you changed /etc/apache2/ports.conf and /etc/apache2/sites-available/yourwebsite to the port you wished to use, did you restart the apache2 service?

Thanked by 1tessel
  • tesseltessel Member

Point taken. I'll see what the error message is and post it.

• namhuynamhuy Member

make sure that port is allowed on your iptables

Thanked by 1tessel