Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

100tb.com launched 1PB bandwidth servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

100tb.com launched 1PB bandwidth servers

khavkhav Member

100tb just introduced servers with 1 PB bandwidth.That's just wow....

https://www.100tb.com/dedicated-hosting/#gbps-network-servers

Comments

• I'm in for 2!

• khavkhav Member

@doughnet

My bandwidth usage is no way near 1 PB yet so i will just stick with 1gbps unmetered
    Have Fun :)

• edited June 2015

I've seen this some days /weeks ago. Even asked Tom a test IP for NYC.

• 10Gbps could utilize around 3.24PB in a month's (30 days) time.

• TheCTSTheCTS Member

That is a pretty hefty price tag.

• This is not enough.

• icryicry Member

PB o_O

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

I call that Marketing......

Thanked by 2BensDaMan UrDN
  • Oh noes! Just out of the LE* price range :(

• rokokrokok Member

what for? lol

• edited June 2015

@rokok said:
    what for? lol

What it can be used for? I can think of LOTS of uses for it.

• Anyone else feel like buying one just to completely max out 1 PB?

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • georgegeorge Member

@KwiceroLTD said:
    Anyone else feel like buying one just to completely max out 1 PB?

At $840/mo? Definitely not me :D

• nitro85nitro85 Member
    edited June 2015

Too expensive... Generally like most american providers

And what's the point of having 100Tb on a 10 Gbps port?

The same way they have 1 Gbps servers with just 2Tb of traffic

• 1Gbps Unmetered -- what the fuck is the big deal? The prices and 1Gbps Unmetered have been available FOREVER already.

• boerndboernd Member

but 1000TB@10gbps for $838 is a big deal

• IshaqIshaq Member

GVH need to catch up.

Oh wait..

• @Ishaq said:
    GVH need to catch up.

Oh wait..

GVH must up the stakes
    200 Gbps unmetered.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • @KwiceroLTD said:
    200 Gbps unmetered.

With a 10 year money back guarantee?

• KwiceroLTDKwiceroLTD Member
    edited June 2015

IThinkUFailed said: With a 10 year money back guarantee?

yeah, with a lifetime warranty and a free ipad if you max out the pipe. furthermore they'll throw in theft protection in case some thief holds the data center staff at hostage just to take your server worth $1000.

• @boernd - Not that I have personally used one, but I know of someone that uses 3 Gbit sustained on a 10Gbit FDC box doing some streaming, and that was running them just under $550USD a month. YMMV

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited June 2015

cncking2000 said: @boernd - Not that I have personally used one, but I know of someone that uses 3 Gbit sustained on a 10Gbit FDC box doing some streaming, and that was running them just under $550USD a month. YMMV

FDC is cheap, but the quality is extremely bad. Or so used to be.

• @Traffic - There are reasons that I do not use them myself at this time. Power and Network reliability have been issues in the past. I know they also do not have generators, battery backups, or other power conditioning equipment beyond the PDUs in their bargain datacenters, and their Enterprise are essentially Zayo Z-Colo buildings, with a few others mixed in. I have never had a server in one of their enterprise datacenters.

• I wouldn't have thought the servers would be able to read the data off the Disks quick enough to saturate 10Gbit/s anyway (well maybe the SSD ones might just about)

• blackblack Member

dragon2611 said: I wouldn't have thought the servers would be able to read the data off the Disks quick enough to saturate 10Gbit/s anyway (well maybe the SSD ones might just about)

Without any caching, maybe in RAID 10. 10 Gbps = 1.25 GB/sec

• @black said:
    Without any caching, maybe in RAID 10. 10 Gbps = 1.25 GB/sec

But most of the 1PB servers only have 2 drives ;-)

• @dragon2611 said:
    I wouldn't have thought the servers would be able to read the data off the Disks quick enough to saturate 10Gbit/s anyway (well maybe the SSD ones might just about)

No. But in lots of cases data are pulled from memory instead of hard drives.

• Memory is your friend for this type of application. You're not going to be getting the data out the disks fast enough.

Our object store uses 10GE uplinks on the cache servers, the caches all have 128GB RAM so that hot content gets served right from RAM, if it had to come from disk you could never saturate a 10GE properly especially under random load.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited June 2015

Unless you're Google or some other file sharing site, I highly doubt that anyone would need 100 terabytes of bandwidth.

• KBVEKBVE Member

Sounds like a great plan for a seedbox reseller or offer some HD streaming :P