Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which OS requires least amount of reboots? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which OS requires least amount of reboots?

2»

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Redhat and Suse enterprise are both paid distros. You already have almost free app available. What's the problem with KernelCare?

• FuslFusl Member

We (EDIS) are running CentOS systems with KernelCare on it for our OpenVZ customers. Top uptime score so far is 2 years (basically since I'm working there and took over the administration of the OpenVZ cluster farm) and still counting...

• We just running cloudlinux with kernalcare on all our shared hosting servers. Works great.

• @black said:
    Linux 4.0 will have rebootless kernel updates.

I'm running 4.1.0-1 on my online.net testing server with Debian sid, never knew about this! Will see how it goes...

• My longest running server without reboot is a Debian 7 machine with 706 days of uptime.

• Comparing Linux distributions on any attributes other than package management is like asking whether Coca-Cola tastes better if you buy 0.5L bottles or 2L bottles.

Thanked by 3coolice GM2015 Ole_Juul
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited August 2015

@singsing said:
    Comparing Linux distributions on any attributes other than package management is like asking whether Coca-Cola tastes better if you buy 0.5L bottles or 2L bottles.

And obviously, it tastes best from 200ml glass bottles.

Thanked by 1howardsl2
  • coolicecoolice Member
    edited August 2015

Actually it is tastes better when it is made with sugar (Imported version in cans) at my coast of EU plastic and glass bottles are made with glucose-fructose syrup from corn... Even that is approved from mother company it make is not orginal as this cheap syrup are not exist when coke is invented

To stay ontopic CentOS 6 - 361 days OVZ node with KernelCare and still counting :)

Thanked by 1howardsl2
  • Mexican Cokeacola is real cane sugar.

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2015

FreeBSD SQL Server, 789 Days Uptime :3

Never have issues with BSD-based stuff usually.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

telephone said: Never update, and you'll never have to reboot :)

this!

and don't forget... never connect it to the internet.

• kexec-tool?

• UrDNUrDN Member

Microkernels such as Gnu Hurd requires no reboot.