Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I cancelled OVHs anycast feature - Which nameserver now?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I cancelled OVHs anycast feature - Which nameserver now?

chrispchrisp Member
edited June 2015 in General

Hi,

I recently cancelled only the anycast option for a domain hosted with OVH. It will be deactivated in 3 days and is set to ns200.anycast.me and dns200.anycast.me for now.

I wanted to prepare for the cancellation by changing the nameservers to my normal nameservers, but I can't find them anywhere. So I looked up the nameserver for another domain hosted with OVH and it's dns13.ovh.net and ns13.ovh.net. I thought those might handle my domain too so I tried:

dig @dns13.ovh.net mydomain.com

But no valid A-record was returned. I also tested other numbers like dns14 and so on, but none of them handled my domain. What do you think I can do? I fear, that there could be a timeframe when no proper nameserver are set and want to avoid that of course. I ask here, because it's only 3 days and you know the OVH support.

Cheers

Comments

• intodns.com can't find 'em?

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited June 2015

Call them? I mean if it's super important you are posting to a forum that is not affiliated with OVH at all. Call them. 1-855-684-5463

• @MCHPhil ah, don't forget, this is LowEndHelpDesk.......... ;)

Thanked by 2nexusrain Joshua80
  • It's just interesting, everyone has this issue with OVH support. Yet, not I. All my questions are answered within a few hours IF not within an hour. If I need to know immediately, and believe me sometimes I do, I call them. Have a few issues with language but nonetheless I get my answer.

• nah, OVH doesn't have a support issue, just do not answer within minutes of a ticket. heck, they even call when there isn't any issue just to find out whether you have any. phone support's always best with OVH and they encourage it.

• chrispchrisp Member

Ok ok you're right, OVH themself should probably know best. I will just open a ticket, but thought any of you had that situation before ;)

• IThinkUFailedIThinkUFailed Member
    edited June 2015

@chrisp said:
    Ok ok you're right, OVH themself should probably know best. I will just open a ticket, but thought any of you had that situation before ;)

DNS would vary domain to domain as they probably have several servers with different DNS. Although usually theres a "reset to defaults" option.

eg

Click the domain from your control panel, head to DNS management and click the Reset DNS by default button.

• raza19raza19 Veteran
    edited June 2015

The thread title seems to denote that Ovh itself (not u) cancelled the feature permanently from its product lineup.

• chrispchrisp Member
    edited June 2015

@raza19 said:
    The thread title seems to denote that Ovh itself (not u) cancelled the feature permanently from its product lineup.

Changed it, but can be closed anyway. Didn't want to denote OVH, they are ok mostly.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Contact OVH support. They are the best people to help.

• Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited June 2015

I had transferred a domain & didn't know which OVH nameservers handle my domain so I logged into OVH Managerv3, changed it to random dnsxx.ovh.net & nsxxovh.net & after a few minutes I got a warning that nameservers that I have set for my domain are wrong & actual nameservers handling my domain are dnsyy.ovh.net & nsyy.ovh.net with an option to correct them automatically which I did click & my domain started resolving in about 24 hours after that. So give it a try & it might work for you as well.

• BuyAdsBuyAds Member

@Clouvider said:
    Contact OVH support. They are the best people to help.

Lol

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@BuyAds said: lol

Well, certainly forum is not their help desk, is it ?

• BuyAdsBuyAds Member

@Clouvider said:
    Well, certainly forum is not their help desk, is it ?

You may get faster answer in forum as in ticket. I have a ticket without reply for 28 days.