Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Manage cPanel server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Manage cPanel server

HaroldMHaroldM Member

I have few users hosted in cPanel VPS. is there any tools or other things to monitor shared server outgoing email count from each account per day ? I just need to find the users who use my server to send mass mails :/

Comments

• you need not monitor, there's a section when you create packages that limits mail delivery.

• Are you just trying to find or limit? WHM has multiple methods in Tweak Settings and Exim config to limit outgoing emails, as well as packages that have hourly limit.

To find who's sending and from what script/folder run:

grep cwd /var/log/exim_mainlog | grep -v /var/spool | awk -F"cwd=" '{print $2}' | awk '{print $1}' | sort | uniq -c | sort -n

• SadySady Member

@OnraHost said:
    grep cwd /var/log/exim_mainlog | grep -v /var/spool | awk -F"cwd=" '{print $2}' | awk '{print $1}' | sort | uniq -c | sort -n

+1, I've been suffering with mail spam with company I work with. I found this command very useful. I've that script called with alias "cdig", I use "cqueue" to clear exim's queue & "clog" to clear exim log :)
    Regarding spam monitor, we use a bash script which send us notification on slack when mail queue exceeds 300 mails.

• SadySady Member

BTW If you wish, just send me a PM & I'll help you getting this configured by sharing my things which are very easy but very helpful though.