Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Google Apps Free - Account Closed - Lost Chromebook Storage offer - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Google Apps Free - Account Closed - Lost Chromebook Storage offer

124»

Comments

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Well, yeah. Anyway I am moving out of Google Apps as soon as/if I get this email.

• Radi said: This is what I am clearly saying: you are not getting the account as a base offer, you are getting a domain, the account is included as a bonus.

That is like a drugdealer saying: "No i didn't sell any drugs, i sold gummibears which happened to come with free complementary drugs".

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2015

@gsrdgrdghd said:
    That is like a drugdealer saying: "No i didn't sell any drugs, i sold gummibears which happened to come with free complementary drugs".

This made my day. :D Drug addicts would be happy though.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2015

@comXyz I'm not sure what you were trying to achieve by convincing a bunch of random people on LET that you're "right". Perhaps you're the only one who can't see yet that the days of your small "business" selling Google accounts are already over, yet you're still grasping for straws and inventing clever terms to present it as if you done nothing wrong, despite Google clearly having started to move to fight the exact thing that you're doing.

If you have any tiniest bit of decency left, you will either close down your site right now, or put a big fat WARNING box there, pointing people to first read this LET thread before buying anything.

• @comXyz said:
    Anyway your account has been deleted, we don't have anything to do anymore.

Anyone if you receive the same email, please PM me, I will help you contact Google supporter to check what is happening.

Uhm, who exactly is "Google supporter"? :)

• BruceBruce Member

http://gappsdomain.com/

We suggest you to buy Google Apps services from Google directly. It's not our intension either to violet Google's ToS (Terms of Service) in any means or to harm the business of Google. We just owned a few domains having Google Apps free subscriptions which you may use by paying a small onetime payment towards buying such a domain from us. We are not selling/ re-selling any Google products at all. Selling some domains only on which you can add your own domain and start using Google Apps on it for free for life. We'll not be responsible for any violation of Terms of Service (ToS) of Google Apps after delivery of admin credentials along with the primary domain transferred to you. Please see our Terms of Service.

nice words, but unlikely to appease google

• He needs a spell checker. :)

• ATHKATHK Member

Has anyone talked to comXyz about this? He wants admin password .... And then he'll.. Talk to his contact. I'm skeptical though..

• LV426LV426 Member

@comXyz, don't listen to these negative nellies. Just shoot Google a link to your website and I'm sure they will fully agree that you're only selling domains and the fact that they all just happen to have a Google Apps account attached, and that you'll give a full refund "if the domain doesn't have enough Google Apps licenses", is just a happy koinkidink.

FWIW, I wouldn't be surprised if even giving away Google Apps accounts via a domain is against Google TOS. After all, Google understandably wants people to pay Google for Apps, not get it from elsewhere.

• zeitgeistzeitgeist Member
    edited June 2015

comXyz said: Yes please.

You'd think you've done the legal checks yourself before starting a business like this. Sure you can hide behind Cloudflare, hidden whois, etc, but it doesn't change the fact that selling Google Apps accounts is still violating their terms:

https://www.google.com/accounts/hosted/en/standard_terms.html

2.6 Restrictions on Use

Unless Google specifically agrees in writing, Customer will not [...] sell, resell, lease, or the functional equivalent, the Services to a third party [...]

13.2 Assignment

Neither party may assign or transfer any part of this Agreement without the written consent of the other party, except to an Affiliate, but only if: (a) the assignee agrees in writing to be bound by the terms of this Agreement; and (b) the assigning party remains liable for obligations incurred under the Agreement prior to the assignment. Any other attempt to transfer or assign is void.

• djndjn Member

Since when was a tos law.

Thanked by 1classy
  • @djn said:
    Since when was a tos law.

A tos is not the law, if you are referring to a general law. But a (legitimate) TOS can dictate the legal relationship between the service provider and its users through a private contract. And that's exactly what's happening here.

Thanked by 2NeoXiD Cpt_Ben
  • lbftlbft Member

comXyz said: Oh well I'm selling domains, and they have Google Apps account associated to them. I'm not selling Google Apps account. If you know what I mean. And Google supporters even helped me to recovery some accounts back, and they also contacted the old owners to see if old owners need to get any data back.

Holding on desperately to the hope that you're not left owning a bunch of now worthless domains?

• ATHK said: Sincerely,

Oscar Google

I always wondered what his first name was....

• Too bad that Google's being more active in closing these accounts

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2015

Holy shit, I can't believe this is an actual discussion going on.

If you are selling Google Apps domains, you are selling Google Apps accounts.

It doesn't fucking matter what kind of story you spin around it, or what it "technically" is. Google is not a court, and will still suspend your account, because to them, you are just selling Google Apps accounts. The legal interpretation doesn't matter.

Unbelievable. Have people not learned yet that "technically" doesn't get you anywhere for ToS violations?

• NeoXiDNeoXiD Member

I just asked the Google Apps for Work support about some domain offers on LET which include Google Apps licenses, like those sold by comXyz. Just to make sure, I also quoted what comXyz said (Oh well I'm selling domains, and they have Google Apps account associated to them. I'm not selling Google Apps account.). This was their reply:

@UncleGoogle said:

Thank you for your message. I have to inform you that the all the domains in question were acquired and are now being resold by a third party. Considering our TOS, this specifically violates:

>

2.6 Restrictions on Use.
    Unless Google specifically agrees in writing' Customer will not, and will use commercially reasonable efforts to make sure a third party does not: (a) sell, resell, lease or the functional equivalent, the Services to a third party (unless expressly authorized in this Agreement);

>

For more information on the terms and conditions, please visit this Google Help Center link: https://www.google.com/intx/en_au/work/apps/terms/2013/1/premier_terms.html

Therefore I no longer recommend purchasing such domains, as they currently seem to actively search and block such reselled accounts.

• zedzed Member

guys it's ok just give me your admin login/pass ok i fix

• I wonder what he will do with your admin login? Probably migrate you to another one of his dodgy domains. lol

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • BruceBruce Member

@NeoXiD said:
    I just asked the Google Apps for Work support

how does that help those who would like to obtain a Gapps domain ? it doesn't does it !

unlikely to have received a positive answer from google, so the only thing you achieve is reducing the availability of these domains. comXyz isn't exactly charging high prices for these domains.

charging top money for a domain, I can understand people getting pissy. also, charging per month for user accounts, I can understand. but selling a domain for $10, so long as it's clear that google don't like this, where's the harm?

Thanked by 2TheKiller PandaRain
  • NeoXiDNeoXiD Member

@Bruce: I don't have anything at all against comXyz or any other Google Apps seller here on LET. It's irresponsible though to continue selling those domains like nothing happened, without even putting up some kind of warning.

He also stated that his way of doing it would be okay for Google, as he's only selling the domains, gapps is a bonus. The TOS says something completely different though and the support just confirmed that. I don't want to say he's a liar, maybe you can also get lucky if you're chatting with the right support guy.

I highly doubt that Google will browse through forums now, they've got more than enough data just by signing up with their services to catch such hoarders/resellers. And even if they do, they would have done so anyways, with our without my ticket. I'm sure they know how to use their own search engine.

I would actually recommend all sellers to only mention that you're selling Gapps, without giving out the domain names publicly. Keep in mind that even then it might get banned though.

To cut a long story short, that post was a warning for potential buyers. It clearly sucks when your account gets banned after a few months and you have to migrate everything away. Even worse, when you've used that account on your phone, all app/music/movie/book purchases from Google would be lost forever. Also, access to sites were you've used single signon via Google would be lost too.

Everyone has to decide for himself if it's worth the risk. If someone really wants a Google Apps domain for free, he's always going to find a way. Just don't cry when your dream gets crushed.

As a sidenote, 10$/month for a premium service with unlimited cloud space really isn't a lot.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Just goes to show what can happen when you commit to a company. This was exactly why I didn't get a chromebook and why I decided to run my own email server. Independence is great! Now if only the google search could be so easily replaced..

(and yes I have android but with a custom rom and no gapps)

Thanked by 4jar rm_ alexvolk cassa
  • NeoXiDNeoXiD Member
    edited June 2015

@4n0nx said:
    Just goes to show what can happen when you commit to a company. This was exactly why I didn't get a chromebook and why I decided to run my own email server. Independence is great! Now if only the google search could be so easily replaced..

(and yes I have android but with a custom rom and no gapps)

IMHO it's their right to block these accounts (ToS violation) but it's quite a dick move to even reject an upgrade to a paid account. Basically makes your primary domain unusable forever.

Independence is great though, also running my own fully redundant cluster. Only using that Google Apps account for storage, music streaming and such stuff.

edited June 2015

4n0nx said: Now if only the google search could be so easily replaced..

Well you have a number of options these days, either anonymous proxies to Google such as https://startpage.com/ and https://search.disconnect.me/, or entirely in-house alternative search engines such as https://duckduckgo.com/

• edited June 2015

NeoXiD said: IMHO it's their right to block these accounts (ToS violation) but it's quite a dick move to even reject an upgrade to a paid account. Basically makes your primary domain unusable forever.

Yeah - I agree, especially when the account has storage plans for multiple years associated with it, that they won't transfer. I honestly don't blame them for deleting my account, as it's their ToS, it's the storage which I found most frustrating, if I'm honest.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Never Bought Any Gapps Account like this, I had a 10 Users when it was free but I was planning to buy some ! :-/

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

rm_ said: Well you have a number of options these days, either anonymous proxies to Google such as https://startpage.com/ and https://search.disconnect.me/, or entirely in-house alternative search engines such as https://duckduckgo.com/

Somehow they aren't as good.. :(

edited June 2015

4n0nx said: Somehow they aren't as good.. :(

"Dear citizens please beware of sellers offering counterfeit Christmas tree decorations, those look exactly the same as the real ones, but don't bring any joy"?

The first two just proxy your search to Google and offer you the results they got. How can they be not as good as Google. Or, if you are used to searching while logged-in to your Google account, that's somewhat of a harmful habit you should break away from, DDG has a page describing the effect you get: http://dontbubble.us/

• NeoXiDNeoXiD Member

@rm_ said:
    The first two just proxy your search to Google and offer you the results they got. How can they be not as good as Google. Or, if you are used to searching while logged-in to your Google account, that's somewhat of a harmful habit you should break away from, DDG has a page describing the effect you get: http://dontbubble.us/

I think exactly that "filterbubble", how DDG says, is the main reason why people think that those alternative search engines are not as good. As Google offers only the results to you which they think might fit, the other search engines might seem crappy at the first look as you get a lot more results, probably even results which you would never want to see.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

comXyz said: I'm not selling Google Apps account. If you know what I mean.