Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPN.SH - Free VPN BETA Accounts [1 week]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPN.SH - Free VPN BETA Accounts [1 week]

VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep
edited October 2012 in Offers

Hi All,

VPN.sh beta is live!

We’re offering a free VPN service with no set bandwidth limit (although we reserve the right to terminate abusers) for 1 week so we can stress test our server.

You’ll be able to access anything online anonymously as well as having access to US Netflix, Hulu, Pandora and any other US only accounts from the UK/Europe.

Once the beta is over, we’ll be going live as long as everything works properly. Then we’ll be offering different packages for different styles of online use.

You can find out more about our services on our website: http://www.vpn.sh

If you want to sign up for the beta then make an account at: http://www.vpn.sh/clients/cart.php and order the beta package then you’ll receive all the relevant information in an email.

Please be patient as we predict a lot people will be trying to sign up and order tonight.

Thanks!

Tweet us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/vpnsh
Subscribe to our YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/vpnsh
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/vpndotsh

NOTE: Just a quick note, some people have assumed that because PayPal is a payment option on the order page, we will charge. There's no details needed, as it's a free service, it won't ask for your PayPal details. It's just there ready for when we go live.

Thanked by 1stefanjocic

Comments

• I like it.

• Hi liamwithers,

My service is now active, but I can't find IP address under service details. Order no. 5428223458. :)

• @liamwithers the pre-live customer quotes on the homepage are funny :) p.s design++

Thanked by 1VPNsh
  • VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

@stefanjocic it should be in the VPN Activation email sent to you, but I'll PM you the IP also :)

• jhjh Member
    edited October 2012

I like what you've done with the domain!

Also why do you have a DMCA policy if you're based in the UK?

• @jhadley said: Also why do you have a DMCA policy if you're based in the UK?

I think that this from http://www.vpn.sh/whatisavpn.html give answer:

Hosting Infrastructure
    All of our VPN's are hosted on high-specification server grade technology located in fantastic USA data centers.

@liamwithers I think that there will be more and more demand for such services. Good luck with business.

@jhadley thanks :), so glad I managed to get hold of it!

@Spirit exactly.. even though DMCA notices probably wouldn't directly affect me whilst being in the UK, I'd rather have all angles covered. Policy hasn't been finalised yet, but it'll just help me to keep unwanted users away :)

• Just curious what is this :

20GB Bandwidth
    Unlimited Transfer Speed

@ErawanArifNugroho I'm assuming you're referring to the unlimited transfer speed? Please let me know if you think the new wording is any more adequate. Still in our beta phase so the site isn't perfect yet :).

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • Ah.. Sorry, I tought the site is ready to launch, just some order processing is still beta :)
    So it's unlimited :)

Nope, not yet. We aim to live on November 1st :). Yeah, order processing is still in beta. Need to have a play around with maxmind, because I'm getting an awful lot of orders from what are quite clearly fraud accounts :P.

Hopefully be able to get the best possible setup over the next couple of weeks, and then we'll begin business :).

• I will grab one, thanks;-)

• Thanks. got one, going to give it a go. Where is the US server located?

• I've registered, and will try it :)

@jrider no probs :), you should have received your VPN activation email now :).

@ErawanArifNugroho Thanks!

Please read the tutorial page linked in the email by the way guys, I know we're all used to setting up stuff like this, but some people have made silly mistakes that are documented in the tutorial :P

• I'm connecting to the vpn while posting this comment. :)
    After one week, if we want to renew it, should it be the price at the website?
    And also with unmeterred bandwidth? :)

@ErawanArifNugroho fantastic! Yes, if you wish to renew it, it will be at the price listed on the website. The bandwidth limitations will be as according to each package on the website, and will not be unmetered.

• How do you limit the bandwidth per user? Or do you charge extra if the user goes over the limit?

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2012

@liamwithers do you plan expansion to some other countries/continents too? US location is good for various (listed above) tasks for sure however when it come to VPN service people often prefer some more liberal or sometimes just closer locations.

@Spirit For now we will be US only. We are currently considering expanding to other locations, but it's not an immediate decision. We're still in our beta phase and haven't gone live yet, so additional locations will be added if and when there is demand for them.

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

I know the site is not done yet and is in beta, but this testimonial made me chuckle:

the surface is fine and powdery. I can kick it up loosely with my toe. It does adhere in > fine layers, like powdered charcoal, to the sole and sides of my boots. I only go in a > small fraction of an inch, maybe an eighth of an inch, but I can see the footprints of > my boots and the treads in the fine, sandy particles. There seems to be no difficult > in moving around, as we suspected. Everyone you know, everyone you ever heard > > of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives.

@Fliphost this is just some example text for the time being :P. Hopefully there will be some testimonials there soon!

• My order has been Cancelled ............

@airski said: My order has been Cancelled ............

Sorry, we're still in Beta and trying to work around Maxmind as best as we can. Could you PM me with the name you used to signup please? Thanks.

• I never got an approval mail.

@cosmicgate said: I never got an approval mail.

Could you PM me with the email you used on signup. We've had this issue a few times, something we're looking to eliminate before going live.