Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Zpanel for hosting sites - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Zpanel for hosting sites

2»

Comments

• Use VestaCP.

• SecNinjaSecNinja Member
    edited June 2015

We went over pretty much every free control panel mentioned in this thread and VestaCP fared the best from what I remember.

ZPanel and Sentora were hands down the worst... so bad in fact that Sentora wanted to hire us to do a full audit and we had zero interest just because it would be a huge mess of band-aid fixes. Our advice to them was to start over from scratch, not Zpanel forked over. (Sentora didn't even fix some flaws that were already PUBLIC with Zpanel! Still trying to understand that logic...)

Virtualmin/Usermin is also pretty bad. To be fair, their developers are quick to resolve security related matters... but it seems like every time I spend more than 10 minutes looking at their software I find new root vulnerabilities.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • ReeRee Member

Saw an ad for a local ISP offering hosting services, and thought I'd take a look at what they were offering...to my shock and horror I saw ZPanel was the panel they're using!

I don't know why, but I always assumed people running ISPs would be smarter than that. I guess not!

• XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep

@SecNinja said:
    We went over pretty much every free control panel mentioned in this thread and VestaCP fared the best from what I remember.

ZPanel and Sentora were hands down the worst... so bad in fact that Sentora wanted to hire us to do a full audit and we had zero interest just because it would be a huge mess of band-aid fixes. Our advice to them was to start over from scratch, not Zpanel forked over. (Sentora didn't even fix some flaws that were already PUBLIC with Zpanel! Still trying to understand that logic...)

Virtualmin/Usermin is also pretty bad. To be fair, their developers are quick to resolve security related matters... but it seems like every time I spend more than 10 minutes looking at their software I find new root vulnerabilities.

KloxoMR and i-MSCP give closest cPanel Experiance.