Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vultr Dedicated Cloud
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vultr Dedicated Cloud

trvztrvz Member
edited June 2015 in Providers

A new product category from Vultr, currently available in New Jersey: https://www.vultr.com/pricing/dedicatedcloud/

Now we can have the combination of properly dedicated resources (IO) and the advantages of the cloud.

I've got 3.6 GHz cores, looking forward to using them.

Finally something new on the market!

Thanked by 1J1021

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

How is that new to the market? Many companies offering similar or identical service.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2015

That's really cool! Well done Vultr!

By the way, don't forget to check out recent Choopa deals on WHT, if we're talking dedicated resources from the same people. I got a box with 500GB drive, 8GB memory, and DDOS protection for just under $50/m.

@Clouvider said:
    How is that new to the market? Many companies offering similar or identical service.

I disagree. I don't see many dedicated resource, affordable VPS providers. At least not advertising as such.

Thanked by 1trvz
  • For that price you can get dedicated server.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited June 2015

@alexvolk said:
    For that price you can get dedicated server.

You can get a scalable dedicated server? Sign me up!

Just incase it wasn't clear, THAT WAS SARCASM YOU FOXED-EARED ***!

• J1021J1021 Member

Clouvider said: How is that new to the market? Many companies offering similar or identical service.

I know SoftLayer are offering similar services but the starting price is about 5x what Vultr are offering here.

alexvolk said: For that price you can get dedicated server.

With hourly billing?

• Can anyone explain to me the pricing model? 1 hour is 0.09 cent, but 30 days are $ 60?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Issam2204 said:
    Can anyone explain to me the pricing model? 1 hour is 0.09 cent, but 30 days are $ 60?

Have a chat with a calculator, he'll set you straight

Thanked by 3J1021 iKeyZ BensDaMan
  • @Nekki said:
    Have a chat with a calculator, he'll set you straight

I'm not able :(

• DH22DH22 Member
    edited June 2015

Much better to get a good dedicated at those prices (unless you need it for only a very short period).

SoYouStart dedicated cloud offering sounds far better too although it is not available right now. "You can no longer sign up. The maximum number of beta testers has been reached." Can buy at OVH now but too expensive there for most of us on LET.

• @kcaj said:
    With hourly billing?

I do remember that @Incero was providing such dedicated servers ?

@Nekki said:
    Just incase it wasn't clear, THAT WAS SARCASM YOU FOXED-EARED ASSHOLE!

Scalable ? You forgot about collocation ? :D // I'm not the master of joking... sorry.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@alexvolk said:
    Scalable ? You forgot about collocation ? :D // I'm not the master of joking... sorry.

How does co-location equate to scaling a server?

• trvztrvz Member

@Nekki said:
    How does co-location equate to scaling a server?

You can rent a full rack, put in 1U worth of server, and whenever desired, scale it by adding additional devices. Duh.

Thanked by 1alexvolk
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@trvz said:
    You can rent a full rack, put in 1U worth of server, and whenever desired, scale it by adding additional devices. Duh.

And you can do that instantly?

• trvztrvz Member

@Nekki said:
    And you can do that instantly?

/s

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Nekki Yeah, pay for prem support and everybody will jump for you to put additional hardware into your rack. But 8 VCores fine.... any bench? The last host with 4VCores had less then 3k bench and it was called dedicated. Such premium.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Infinity580 said:
    Nekki Yeah, pay for prem support and everybody will jump for you to put additional hardware into your rack. But 8 VCores fine.... any bench? The last host with 4VCores had less then 3k bench and it was called dedicated. Such premium.

So not comparable then.

• @Issam2204 said:
    I'm not able :(

9 * 24 * 30 = 6480

6480 cents = $64 (rounded down to $60)

• J1021J1021 Member
    edited June 2015

• From their news article:

With our brand new Vultr Dedicated Cloud (VDC), you can now rent ... an entire dedicated server ... VDC offers plans configured with up to 8 vCPU's, 32GB RAM and 4 x 120GB Independent SSD's

Is an entire dedicated server really only 8 (v!)CPU, 32GB RAM..? I figured (perhaps naïvely) that their servers (for their VPS offerings before today's additions) were somewhat beefier than that. Maybe they are, and this is their cheap stock? I don't know, any insights?

• sc754sc754 Member

@hostnoob said:
    6480 cents = $64 (rounded down to $60)

Strange really, 365 / 12 = 30.42, so it's closer to $65, maybe they went with $60 for simplicity.

• So this is a "hybrid server" or "smart server" right? A baremetal with a virtualization layer on top but you as the single tenant.. ?

• J1021J1021 Member

ItsChrisG said: So this is a "hybrid server" or "smart server" right? A baremetal with a virtualization layer on top but you as the single tenant.. ?

The host can hold up to 4 virtualised guests. CPU/RAM and SSD is dedicated (client storage space is provisioned on a physical SSD solely for their VM) and the host has a fast enough NIC port to ensure guests can always burst to their full 1Gb/s.

Thanked by 1Admiral_Awesome
  • kcaj said: The host can hold up to 4 virtualised guests. CPU/RAM and SSD is dedicated (client storage space is provisioned on a physical SSD solely for their VM) and the host has a fast enough NIC port to ensure guests can always burst to their full 1Gb/s.

do you work for vultr?

• J1021J1021 Member
    edited June 2015

TarZZ92 said: do you work for vultr?

How many times (how thick is your skull?).. no.

Thanked by 1yomero
  • TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited June 2015

kcaj said: How many times (how thick is your skull?).. no.

you seem to defend them a lot and when someone asks you, you often get very abusive (as you just have), or possibly just very low class.

i think you do.

as for your insult just shows how low you are.

Thanked by 1namhuy
  • Ignoring kcaj's pathetic insult

here is some benchmarks

CPU: http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/2699294
    This result is slightly better than shared (maybe 5%)

HDD: http://i.imgur.com/FgFnea0.jpg
    Very fast!

• J1021J1021 Member
    edited June 2015

TarZZ92 said: you seem to defend them a lot and when someone asks you, you often get very abusive (as you just have), or possibly just very low class.

i think you do.

as for your insult just shows how low you are.

Low class.. your writing is a mess. Does your computer lack a shift key?

1.) I'm not here in this thread defending anything, I've been providing a technical explanation.

2.) I see no problem with venting my frustrations on the morons who are repeatedly asking me "do you work for Vultr" like a retarded horse stuck on repeat. I've already answered your question numerous times and will no longer be entertaining them with polite responses.

Thanked by 1yomero
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

kcaj said: I see no problem with venting my frustrations on the morons who are repeatedly asking me "do you work for Vultr" like a retarded horse stuck on repeat

Hey, someone accused me of working for a company because of how highly I spoke of them. Now I do. Take it as motivation to send a resume :)

• kcaj said: I see no problem with venting my frustrations on the moron

again all you can do is be abusive. very very low....

• Jar said: Hey, someone accused me of working for a company because of how highly I spoke of them. Now I do. Take it as motivation to send a resume :)

speaking highly is one thing. the way he reacts is something else.