Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Botting runescape on a vps
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Botting runescape on a vps

Hello, I'm in need of some help.

I'd like to know of a VPS that I can have 3-5 runescape bots on, oldschool runescape that is. Linux preferably. Located somewhere close to sweden, such as germany, norway, denmark, etc

Help plz

Budget per m: 20-30, depends

Comments

• deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep

How much resources (e.g. RAM, HDD, CPU) do you need?

I haven't had experience in clients hosting game 'bots' or runescape, so you should describe more on the function of your application.

• hejhej231hejhej231 Member
    edited June 2015

Haha I really have no idea. I don't need that much of a HDD, tbh. ram perhaps 2-3 gig ram.

cpu I don't know tbh.
    If it helps anyone, I'm using tribot

Runescape is Java based, btw.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

You will need 1 core per bot, and unless you optimise it you need ssd as they are badly written and generate around 500+ R/W requests p/second each.

Frankly you should not be doing it on a VPS, get a cheap dedicated server from Kimsufi and do it on there.

• Dedicated server, does it mean that I can turn off my pc while botting? Or do I still have to keep my pc on all the time?

• BensDaManBensDaMan Member
    edited June 2015

hejhej231 said: Dedicated server, does it mean that I can turn off my pc while botting? Or do I still have to keep my pc on all the time?

VPS's are dedicated servers split up into smaller virtual ones. Dedicated servers are bare metal servers (ie, you get the whole physical chassis to yourself..)

They're "similar" though, both run OS's which you get root access to.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

hejhej231 said: Dedicated server, does it mean that I can turn off my pc while botting? Or do I still have to keep my pc on all the time?

You can turn off your PC either way it all runs from the server.

Thanked by 1BensDaMan
  • wychwych Member

Surely they would see the IP change and then ban you?

• I'm using proxies wych:) dw about that, it's covered

• wychwych Member

@hejhej231 said:
    I'm using proxies wych:) dw about that, it's covered

Glad you got the basics covered ;)

• KupolKupol Member
    edited June 2015

I used to run 4 Runescape bots on OverSold plans by Prometheus. But I did a lot of customization as the bots are really badly written as mention by @AnthonySmith