Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking for CDN ( alternative to cloudflare ) for australia with custom SSL and nice features
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

looking for CDN ( alternative to cloudflare ) for australia with custom SSL and nice features

hi all,
i really like what cloudflare has to offer with their services, and i would go with them if it wasn't for one thing. the custom SSL. I can not afford it with them. And we really like using our EV SSL.

So does anyone have any recommendations or offer for another CDN which offer some nice features like cloudflare such as all the site compression and speed up ones, and protection. i don't just want to run my static content from the CDN, i want my whole site to run through it like it does with cloudflare. it HAS to have a pop in australia, sydney and would be nice to have one in australia, melbourne too. and it just needs the custom ssl posability.

Comments

• ZappieZappie Member, Host Rep, LIR

incapsula might be good for you, about the 4th of the price of Cloudflare for custom SSL certs.

https://www.incapsula.com/pricing-and-plans.html

They have a POP in both AU and NZ

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
  • pablobpablob Member

$299 to use a custom SSL with them, they are more expensive

• ZappieZappie Member, Host Rep, LIR

@pablob said:
    $299 to use a custom SSL with them, they are more expensive

Oh crap, you are right. Disregard what I said, I was wrong. got things mixed up.

• I really like KeyCDN, but not sure how their presence is in Australia, they may only have 1 PoP. Custom SSL is free, can get a trial here: https://www.keycdn.com/ - or through my referral link: https://www.keycdn.com/?a=3107 - gives you an extra $5 in free credit. $0.04/GB standard price for US/EU/Asia.

• pablobpablob Member

keycdn, is just a static content CDN, not much more as far as i can see.

• pablobpablob Member

same as maxcdn from what i can see.

• @pablob Ah, my bad. The easiest thing would probably to get a VPS in Australia, and then run a nginx reverse proxy from that to wherever your main server is located - with some static caching functionality. That's all Cloudflare is, really.

• tommytommy Member

pablob said: i don't just want to run my static content from the CDN, i want my whole site to run through it like it does with cloudflare

use Pull zone. But that only for static file (HTML, JS, CSS, etc)

pablob said: keycdn, is just a static content CDN, not much more as far as i can see.

as @mikeyur said use nginx reverse proxy.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

If you are ok with SNI for the web server I could probably help you out with no additional costs to use your own SSL certificate.

What volume of traffic are we taking of?
    Is that mostly Australia region?

• pablobpablob Member

SNI can't be used sorry.