Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KS-2 SSD benchmark request
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KS-2 SSD benchmark request

loael123loael123 Member
edited May 2015 in General

I was considering buying one of these for € 9.99 and I was wondering what kind of ssd's they use or if someone could possible run a read/write test on theirs. Thank you

Comments

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

Someone once posted something, can't find it though. I think they use Intel 320 40GB SSDs.

• ahmiqahmiq Member
    edited May 2015
    Hardware Class: disk
      Model: "INTEL SSDSA2CT04"
      Vendor: "INTEL"
      Device: "SSDSA2CT04"
      Revision: "4PC1"
      Serial ID: "CVPR14810AEK040AGN"
      Driver: "ahci", "sd"
      Device File: /dev/sda

they use: http://ark.intel.com/products/56568/Intel-SSD-320-Series-40GB-2_5in-SATA-3Gbs-25nm-MLC

I/O : 47.8 MB/s

the performance was nothing extra ordinary so i had to let go of the server. Go for the hard disk option. same/better performance and more space.

• just having ssd's won't see significant improvement. The somewhat vast improvement experienced is your own perception ssd's will give you that, a mere an illusion. ssd's must be paired with the right hardware to perform it's maximum potential, otherwise it's just a slightly better SATA, nothing more.

• LoL. My KS2 with mechanical disk has a 120MB/s.

• coolicecoolice Member

when you try to backup / restore a lot of files you'll see the power of the ssd ... it gave several times difference from even ona basic entry level....

Thanked by 1ahmiq
  • sc754sc754 Member

The IOPS are much higher on the ssd and random reads and writes will be much better. The slower write speed I doubt will be a big problem for a lot of uses (especially as the total disk is only 40gb).