Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Appropriate price per GB for EU VPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Appropriate price per GB for EU VPS?

keanukeanu Member
edited May 2015 in General

Hello

I'm thinking of starting a VPS hosting company and I'm looking for some advice.
I'm looking at EUR 14,99 or EUR 0,02/hr per GB for a 1GB VPS with the following specifications.

• Dual Core Xeon CPU
  • 20 GB SSD Disk, RAID-10 BBU
  • 1 GB DDR3 ECC RAM
  • KVM Visualization
  • Linux/Windows
  • 1TB Transfer

Located in Serverius NL Datacenter with DDoS protection and great connectivity.
IPV4 and IPV6, own hardware located in private cage at the DC.

Billing done per hour through a custom control panel. Charged on a per-hour basis.
Do you think the price is good or too high?

Dutch law applies to the content allowed on the VPS.

Thanks!

Comments

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited May 2015

If you define "premium DC", "DDoS protection" and "great connectivity" as well as the storage method (RAID?) we would be able to give a better guess.

Now you added those things. For me it'd depend on the type of content you'd allow - but a bit expensive to be honest.

• keanukeanu Member

Adjusted thread accordingly.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

You have cheaper competition, but I don't think it's very expensive if the service is good.

Although I would prefer a VM from LeaseWeb which is even cheaper to this product.

• TrafficTraffic Member

Nyr said: You have cheaper competition, but I don't think it's very expensive if the service is good.

My exact thoughts. The service is not expensive by itself, but the market is currently lower than that, unless you're including something else which makes the service awesome. Maybe some kind of HA setup?

• keanukeanu Member

What price point would I be looking at with current specs?

• Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited May 2015

@keanu said:
    What price point would I be looking at with current specs?

If you want to successfully compete others, I would suggest not to price a VPS with specs mentioned in original post above 10 €. But please also have a look at what others are charging for same specs. Provide good service & try to make optimum use of node resources & you should be successful after a small initial period of struggle. Also try to reach small local businesses who would be ready to pay much more than you think for a decent service.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited May 2015

keanu said: I'm looking at EUR 14,99 or EUR 0,02/hr per GB for a 1GB VPS

Can you justify why you can be 1.6x more expensive than Linode?
    And don't give me the "but quality" b/s, you're just starting, you got no reputation or reviews, your "quality" is nothing but empty words.

Thanked by 1Issam2204
  • BuyAdsBuyAds Member

I was paying $35 for 1GB Ram and 30GB space before 3 years. If the service is ok that is a good price. But here on let you can forget about sales with that price.