Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Running my own DNS server(s) or using some 3rd party - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Running my own DNS server(s) or using some 3rd party

2»

Comments

• MakenaiMakenai Member

Running Hurricane Electric DNS, takes cares of all things I need including ability to dynamically update domain name IP addresses using cron and curl.

• Check here http://www.solvedns.com/dns-comparison/

For speed, I'd go with Cloudflare and Rage4 for features

• Thank you all for your comments.

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

emre said: Be a good boy, Nobody will DDOS you. If something happens, there are always other ways to protect you DNS stuff..

>

If only it was that easy ;)

• J1021J1021 Member

vfuse said: If only it was that easy ;)

Don't mention sz1, it's that easy.

• Being a good boy doesn't always helps. Even our "Free school servers" are receiving DDoS for no reason.

• @emre said:
    Be a good boy, Nobody will DDOS you. If something happens, there are always other ways to protect you DNS stuff..

When you've critical things you can't be just "good boy" and rely only on "luckiness" , you need to be prepared! That's it.

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

@alexvolk - from infra. point of view we use mix of physical and virtual (enterprise grade). The routers are isolated from DNS servers and support load balancing and distri bution on BGP level so we can scale horizontally. If we want to keep pricing low we need to control the TCO. We do not plan PoP in Arizona. The central cluster issue in November last year was related to missing index (if I remember correctly)

• sinsin Member
    edited May 2015

Get a Rage4 DNS account from Prometeus for $15/year or use Cloudflare's free dns.

• JonchunJonchun Member

I use Rage4 and I think it's great. It integrates perfectly with cPanel as well.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

I use CloudFlare, cPanel & Name.com DNS. Name.com is just flawless, very fast updating (within some seconds). Then, cPanel & CloudFlare, also used NameCheap's Free DNS. It's also good but it had a downtime earlier last year, I was offline for that there -_-