Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SoYouStart Dedicated Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SoYouStart Dedicated Server

Hey guys!

I was finally able to get a Canadian server from SYS a few months ago after a long wait. So far, I've had great service! The servers were always up and I haven't had any issues with them...yet :)

Their setup fee is what discouraged me at first, but once you pay it you get over it eventually. They offer fail-over IPs and 100GB of backup space so in my opinion you're getting what you pay for.

Comments

• BuyAdsBuyAds Member

Are you bot?

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • rahulksrahulks Member

Everything except the "classic vps" from OVH are pretty good.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

rahulks said: Everything except the "classic vps" from OVH are pretty good.

and the problem with classic vps is? i've had no problem at all.

• rahulksrahulks Member

They limit IO to 10 (anyways not more than 30 ) MB , @linuxthefish will tell u more.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

rahulks said: They limit IO to 10 (anyways not more than 30 ) MB , @linuxthefish will tell u more.

not all it seems

• J1021J1021 Member

This guy obviously works for OVH.

• Dedi from SoYouStart is not bad. But, don't use Kimsufi.

• udkudk Member
    edited May 2015

mustafaramadhan said: Dedi from SoYouStart is not bad. But, don't use Kimsufi.

Kimsufi is most stable box I've had. Also great performance for the money:

03:47:35 up 645 days, 16:12, 1 user, load average: 0.06, 0.07, 0.07

• @udk said:
    03:47:35 up 645 days, 16:12, 1 user, load average: 0.06, 0.07, 0.07

Kimsufi is not good related to their customer support.

• mustafaramadhan said: Kimsufi is not good related to their customer support.

And why do you need their customer support? I personally had great experience with their support, needed it once and got a reply within 2 days.

• @joodle said:
    And why do you need their customer support? I personally had great experience with their support, needed it once and got a reply within 2 days.

Two days response isn't good. No response until 2 weeks (forum and ticket) for me before moved to online.net (happens in 4 months ago).

• mustafaramadhan said: Two days response isn't good.

It is for such a big company, and it is for sure for a €5/month dedicated server.

• @joodle said:

I got Dedibox kidéchire from online.net and their customer support still the same (less then 2 hours; mostly around 15 minutes).

No reason because 'big company' and they 'permit' to slow response.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

mustafaramadhan said: Two days response isn't good. No response until 2 weeks (forum and ticket) for me before moved to online.net (happens in 4 months ago).

we all aint cheap cu*** kimsufi is slow yes. this topic is relating to SYS.

• edited May 2015

@TarZZ92 said:

It's about customer support and not for server performance.

SYS and OVH support is good but bad for Kimsufi.

Thanked by 1derekyang
  • mustafaramadhan said: online.net

Online.net != OVH.com

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

mustafaramadhan said: SYS and OVH support is good but bad for Kimsufi.

but you know this anyway (they make it clear in most cases) that support is not the best. with sys you can even call em (not that it helps much but the facility is there)

• If we want to know about customer support from provider, we need comparing to other provider(s). Right?.

It's my answer.