Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need people with a Hetzner Server (Windows Templates)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need people with a Hetzner Server (Windows Templates)

BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
edited May 2015 in General

Morning everybody!

I'm looking for a few people that got a Hetzner server from either their Server bidding or just their regular product line. Also, I would like to get the network card details they're using in their servers (from as much servers as possible).

You can send the network card details via either a PM or just paste them here.

If you have a Hetzner server that i can borrow for a few days/weeks that would be very awesome :) Or send in a (small) donation so I can get a Hetzner server myself!

But the best thing would be that I could get access to as many different servers as possible to ensure the templates would work on as many servers as possible.

I'm currently working on the Windows Server 2012R2 template, Windows Server 2008 R2 will come after Windows 2012 R2 is fully working on at least 5 different Hetzner servers.

Comments

• myhkenmyhken Member

You now that if you use serverbidding, you can use the server for 14 days for free, then cancel it. Then get another server and do it all over again. Just remember to cancel before 14 days,and it totally free.

On the other side, I have used your template on around 10 Hetzner servers from serverbidding with no issues at all.
    I have tried it on i7 2600, i7 3770 (Realtek PCIe GBE familiy) and Xeon E3 1245v2 with NIC 1000Mbit - Intel 82574L, your template works on all of them.

Thanked by 1BlazeMuis
  • myhken said: Intel 82574L, your template works on all of them.

That's because most Realtek Network cards are supported by Windows Server 2012R2 by default.

One of the Kimsufi's (Can't remember which one) is using the Intel 82574L network card as well, that's why it works on your server :P

• myhkenmyhken Member

But then I think you are covered by most of the serverbidding servers at least. I have changed servers so many times that I got an e-mail from Hetzner asking me why I did move to a new server so fast, and the template has always worked.
    Actually, lately I have used my own template on my Hetzner servers, and so long as you use Windows Server 2012 R2 (update 2) there is no issues with network drivers at Hetzner at all.

• BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
    edited May 2015

Awesome :)

Too bad they need ID verification and my old account got deactivated because of inactivity.

Seems like i gotta create a new account

Edit: Hmm.. Anyone that could give me access to their account for a few days?

• @joodle, you just send them a email to their verification account with the ID number of your old account, that is what i had to do.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

and if you send an id scan, censor everything but first name, last name, YEAR of birth and maybe date of expiry

• Issam2204Issam2204 Member
    edited May 2015

@myhken said:
    You now that if you use serverbidding, you can use the server for 14 days for free, then cancel it. Then get another server and do it all over again. Just remember to cancel before 14 days,and it totally free.

On the other side, I have used your template on around 10 Hetzner servers from serverbidding with no issues at all.
    I have tried it on i7 2600, i7 3770 (Realtek PCIe GBE familiy) and Xeon E3 1245v2 with NIC 1000Mbit - Intel 82574L, your template works on all of them.

That looks kind of risky. How many did you try to do it? I don't think they will let you do it more than 3 or 4 times.

• aldothetrollaldothetroll Member
    edited May 2015

@Issam2204 said:

This is what I want to know also

• FuslFusl Member

I have two Hetzner servers (from serverbidding) where one of them can be easily pulled out of the cluster for testing/reinstalling/etc. - If you want login details, drop me a PM and I will create you an admin login (for the robot) and PM it to you.

@myhken: I have done this with ~50 servers at Hetzner (still have a screenshot of the admin area around but I'd need to search for it), after cancelling all the servers again, they didn't want to give me another server anymore and I needed to sign a contract that I won't cancel the next server anymore in less than 1 month.

Thanked by 1pbalazs123
  • supicksupick Member

Hetzner offer free KVM (LARA), so anyone can install Windows easily. Here is what I did: Make Windows 2008 R2 SP1 Raw Template (Dump HDD before Windows analyse hardware, so template will works for all machine). Use rescue system to restore template. Use KVM to install network driver.
    Btw, I think making template for server with 3TB HDD doesn't make sense, because you will need KVM to change boot from MBR to GPT.

• myhkenmyhken Member

supick said: Btw, I think making template for server with 3TB HDD doesn't make sense, because you will need KVM to change boot from MBR to GPT.

Not true, the template uses MBR and it's changes from GPT to MBR when installing the template. But you loose 700 GB on the OS disk.

• supicksupick Member

myhken said: Not true, the template uses MBR and it's changes from GPT to MBR when installing the template. But you loose 700 GB on the OS disk.

I mean we should use GPT template for those servers, not MBR

• Hello everybody. I´m gettin crazy trying to install windows 10 pro directly on a hetzner server. Do you guys offer any kind of template/service to make it work? If you do contact me

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

Behold, the reviving necromancer is back from 2015!

Thanked by 1Lunar