Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NEW Video: Watch the QuadraNet Team Build Dozens of Servers!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NEW Video: Watch the QuadraNet Team Build Dozens of Servers!

Alright so a lot of us in this community buy and sell LEB's, and it's so convenient that we do it all at the comfort of our computers at home - so the question is how many times do you actually get to see what gets done behind the scenes when building and bringing an actual server online at a datacenter?

Figured that we'd do a time lapse video of our provisioning crew building a batch of brand new servers at our work bench from the ground-up to give you guys an idea of what it's like from start to finish.

This video series is still incomplete - subscribe to our YouTube Channel and stay tuned for another new video coming on the first week of June, where our team physically racks & cables the entire batch of servers in one of our datacenter floors! Enjoy guys :)

Thanked by 2Francisco MikePT

Comments

• Poor guy doing the assembly line all by himself..

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

"Comments are disabled for this video."

shame.

• ricardoricardo Member

They'll replace him with a robot eventually...

• JonchunJonchun Member

Attempt at damage control from that qn fail thread a day or so ago?

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member

so pretty much the same as building a desktop computer except different case?

• @ricardo said:

Lower or Increased RH costs ?

• @ricardo said:

R2D2?

• Jonchun said: Attempt at damage control from that qn fail thread a day or so ago?

If you're talking about the "seriously2016" user, then he was already banned by LET admins as it was concluded that it was a "troll account" who was never even our customer to begin with. I must say it was a pretty entertaining thread though :p

In all seriousness, I thought it would be interesting to share this video, since I imagine a good percentage of people here don't actually get to see what goes on behind the scenes at a datacenter, and how a server is built and racked from start to finish. IIRC you are a fellow SoCal resident as well, so next time you're in downtown LA just let me know - I'd love to show you around our facilities and maybe grab some coffee or a bite to eat.

Thanks!

• RalliasRallias Member

QuadraNet_Adam said: maybe grab some coffee or a bite to eat.

Happy about the minimum wage increase? :P

• JonchunJonchun Member

@QuadraNet_Adam said:
    next time you're in downtown LA just let me know - I'd love to show you around our facilities and maybe grab some coffee or a bite to eat.

I may take you up on that ;)

On a more serious note, I don't see the point of this outside of advertising QN. See below.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=youtube+server+racking

• Rallias said: Happy about the minimum wage increase? :P

Rallias!! How are you doing? It's been a while since we spoke and worked together on things. We need to catch up soon.

And change that mindset! You can't achieve the American Dream with a minimum wage mindset! :p

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Let me be the first one here to NOT criticize or say something negative. Good job! Keep up the good work!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

I like that it looks like a clean and ordered environment.

Maybe you take it for granted, but looks like a comfortable setup and having built hardware in very cluttered workplaces in the past, I appreciate it. Not sure about standing without a chair the whole time, though.

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • RalliasRallias Member

QuadraNet_Adam said: Rallias!! How are you doing? It's been a while since we spoke and worked together on things. We need to catch up soon.

Well, considering I've got a potential thing 400 miles north of you, we may get that chance.

You still know my skype?

QuadraNet_Adam said: And change that mindset! You can't achieve the American Dream with a minimum wage mindset! :p

McDonalds seems to be doing pretty damn good for a "minimum wage mindset". Oh, you mean minimum wage earning mindset, no?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

QuadraNet seems to be an excellent Datacenter, tbh I've always wanted to test their cloud offers btut there's no budget for "experiences" right now :P

Great video folks, keep them coming.

Thanked by 1Mitchfizz05
  • @QuadraNet_Adam Looking good! Keep up the good work guys!

• sinsin Member
    edited May 2015

@MrGeneral said:
    QuadraNet seems to be an excellent Datacenter, tbh I've always wanted to test their cloud offers btut there's no budget for "experiences" right now :P

Great video folks, keep them coming.

Here's my Quadranet Infracloud machine at their Dallas location (their Infracloud rocks, I love it):

root@corrupt:~# wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash
    CPU model : QEMU Virtual CPU version (cpu64-rhel6)
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency : 2665.906 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 997 MB
    Total amount of swap : 1023 MB
    System uptime : 20:59,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 110MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 77.2MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 100MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 14.2MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 7.37MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 29.8MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 8.58MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 35.7MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 49.9MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 49.7MB/s
    I/O speed : 167 MB/s

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@sin said:
    I/O speed : 167 MB/s

That's a great network and IO! Thank you for the benchmark, I appreciate! :)

Thanked by 1sin
  • Nice.

• @Nyr said:
    Not sure about standing without a chair the whole time, though.

Standing is a lot more better for your poster then sitting down. More and more offices are trying to do away with chairs.