Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rdns delimiter setup
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Rdns delimiter setup

HWAYSHWAYS Member
edited May 2015 in Help

Hello
I have a dedicated from delimiter.
Do you know please how can I setup for my 3 dedicated in the format:

121.xxx.xxx.xxx PTR domain.com

122.xxx.xxx.xxx PTR subdomain.domain.com

And so on.

Should I use Cloudflare for it ?

Thank you.

Comments

• HWAYSHWAYS Member

Just read it:
    Since CloudFlare uses shared and dynamic IP addresses to resolve to your domains, we are not able to add PTR records for any CloudFlare IPs. The main reason to have rDNS or PTR records is to prevent emails from ending up in spam folders. Since CloudFlare doesn't support email traffic, you would need to set the rDNS or PTR record where your email server is located.

In this case which are my options please ?

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited May 2015

PTR records are set by your provider, not by you - Delimiter must do so (if their panel does not allow for self-setup of this)

If you only need CDN from CloudFlare, you can create a subdomain like this:

122.xxx.xxx.xxx A subdomain.domain.com

in Cloudflare, NOT proxified, and set that as the hostname for the mailserver, SPF record, and the PTR record.

So the server sending mail is actually subdomain.domain.com which can be reached using FCrDNS

Not sure if I got your question right though.

• HWAYSHWAYS Member

Thank you. I asked Delimiter to do it.
    Thank you for your suggestion as well

• WinneWinne Member

I think you need to open a ticket with them, they're not using a control panel like OVH/Online.

• Winne said: I think you need to open a ticket with them, they're not using a control panel like OVH/Online.

Open a ticket. Mine was setup in less than 6 hours.

• HWAYSHWAYS Member

Thank You. Just did it.