Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats with WHT? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Whats with WHT?

13»

Comments

• Yeah you guys deleted the posts now after this thread was born, seems fishy in my opinion. The posts were definitely still there when I made this thread, or I wouldn't of made it.

@orien said: Yes, it was deleted. Responses that quote deleted posts are also deleted.

Like I said before, you're wrong. It was not deleted nor I wouldn't of made this thread. the posts got deleted after I made this thread, scared of LET publicity much? Funny.

• orienorien Member
    edited October 2012

@Nexus Looking at the thread again, what you said is possible, but I hardly would say that's because we're scared of LET publicity... I think I'm the only WHT staff here (?) and didn't moderate anything in that thread.

Mistakes are made and then they're fixed as in this case -- the original post was deleted. I'm sorry if that's not good enough.

• @Nick_A said: For the record, I am not bashing WHT with this post. Just the host who didn't bother changing the template text on their website.

Only the Best HOSTING Solutions.

ಠ_ಠ

• But.. those posts did not get deleted until after this thread was made, coincidence? I think not.. so I have every right to think and say the publicity remark.

All I am saying (Entirely my opinion) is that we cannot post any type of criticism whatsoever on WHT and it's a damn shame. It's like the forum is run within church. Once someone get's "personal" the mods feel the need to step in and get emotional and start stretching their ego's, it's disgusting.

Now you're probably thinking, don't visit WHT and stop your bitching/crying. Which I agree and I apologize for such cockiness towards you. I just think WHT could be so much better....

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2012

@Nexus said: All I am saying (Entirely my opinion) is that we cannot post any type of criticism whatsoever on WHT and it's a damn shame.

Unless you read rules and use proper WHT sections for that... (Entirely my opinion)

• @Zen said: LET is Russia

Rusia?

• Sorry, I still don't understand.

• LET = UCCP ;)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Unsolicited comment criticizing posters ?
    M

• In Soviet Russia you ban the forum you don't like

But seriously, from what I can see, you didn't follow the WHT rules and you should be ready to face the consequences. You don't like the rules? Move somewhere else where rules are less restrictive (or there are no rules at all). I'd like to think LEB/LET is one of those places.

Btw, @orien. Why do you think unpaid volunteers (on WTH or here) have to be associated with a hosting company to make a living? I'm an unpaid volunteer, I'm not or ever have been associated with any hosting company. Most of the users here are just people trying to find a good hosting deal, or trying to learn something and I believe it's not much different on WHT or it wouldn't make much sense.

Do you even know what conflict of interest is? You don't have to really do anything to be in conflict of interest, just being in position to use one of your interests to gain some kind of advantage in another is already conflict of interest.

• orienorien Member
    edited October 2012

@vedran said: Btw, @orien. Why do you think unpaid volunteers (on WTH or here) have to be associated with a hosting company to make a living? I'm an unpaid volunteer, I'm not or ever have been associated with any hosting company. Most of the users here are just people trying to find a good hosting deal, or trying to learn something and I believe it's not much different on WHT or it wouldn't make much sense.

Do you even know what conflict of interest is? You don't have to really do anything to be in conflict of interest, just being in position to use one of your interests to gain some kind of advantage in another is already conflict of interest.

@vedran You are twisting my words. I never said they have to be associated with a hosting company to make a living. I said it's within reason that they have been or are. That does not imply all of the staff is associated with a hosting company. Most of the WHT staff is not.

I know what conflict of interest means, thanks. I said specifically that I haven't noticed any conflict of interest in terms of moderation, because mods aren't supposed to moderate issues about their company. Conflict of interest is just the possibility of corruption and I'm aware of the implications in practice.

• I'm not twisting your words, I just misunderstood what you said apparently.

@orien said: All of WHT's leaders and moderators (with the exception of Dennis and me) are unpaid volunteers and it's within reason considering WHT's industry that they have been or are involved with a hosting-related company in some way.

It really looks like from what you said they are all involved or have been involved in a hosting-related company in some way. It's good to hear I was wrong and most of them aren't, it makes much more sense now.

• WHT is... WHT. Good ressource, sometimes annoying.

• @vedran said: I'm not twisting your words, I just misunderstood what you said apparently.

No worries, glad that it's cleared up now.