Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a Dedicated Server with Graphic integrated :) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a Dedicated Server with Graphic integrated :)

2»

Comments

• MarkTurner said: E3-1225v3, 8GB, 1TB 100Mbps Unmetered $39/m

Order annually and get free memory upgrade to 16GB
    https://clients.delimitervps.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=164

You can increase that to 32GB and add upto 2 disks eg 2 x 2TB if you want.

What was wrong with this E3-1225v3? It should hit the mark perfectly. The E3-12X5 have a pretty good GPU.

• vaotamvaotam Member

Does any plan of Dacentec support Graphic ??

• @nadz said:
    Running 12 boxes windows 2012 r2 with bluestack on it. At least 4 cores cpu though. It loads 80-90% cpu usage.

running bluestack in windows 2012, it works like charm :D

• @zawyetun said:
    running bluestack in windows 2012, it works like charm :D

Happy for you.

Windows 2012, Windows 8 and 10 has direct3d enabled by default. It should emulate "virtual graphic" that required to run bluestack.

Thanked by 1zawyetun
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

HaiAnhh said: I had one free VPS in Google Cloud and it is not runable :(

We can offer you VPS that can run BlueStacks, or server that can run it (does have integrated graphics) within your budget.

Keep in mind license for Windows is included with VPS, but not within your budget for the server. Shoot a support ticket / PM with your specific requirements and I'm sure we can get you started on a quote.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited September 2015

yomero said: And no, remote desktop won't allow you to run 3d stuff.

You can control 3D stuff. I am running at home multiple small laptops with lineage 2 doing trade shops buying and selling event (check once a day, supply adena or stuff, kind of thing) If you start the client with local keyboard and display, you can control the window with RDP but it sucks balls, as you could imagine, one because of the very old hardware and two because of RDP which is shearing and damn slow, that you cannot play anything, even setting shops and sending mails is slow and unreliable ingame.

I made my own gaming rig, by rigging a 1U old blade I retired from Voxility with an 8-to-16 channel PCI- express adapter and fitting in a passively cooled hd5450 card or I could upgrade to an older but better nvidia if needed, but it draws much more power and I worry about overheating. It can be fit into a rack, if needed, besides, newer ones have 16 lanes slots and 2U ones have big spaces which allow big cards, sadly, those draw a lot of power and need own power connectors which the standard server PSU does not provide of course, albeit you could rig something if you know what you are doing.

• if you want to run the creative cloud and the autodesk bottomless pit of every fucking dollar and cent 2030 you should try http://fra.me 16 bucks for a months access to 4 cores,16gb ram,and access to the nvidia grid gpu's.runs windows 7(or server 2012 or something), runs inside chrome or firefox, its all rather magical really. They are also offering at some point more cores,ram,and tesla gpgpu hot computing

• @raptorpeanutbuttr knock your shameless sales plugs off.

• @raptorpeanutbuttr said:
    if you want to run the creative cloud and the autodesk bottomless pit of every fucking dollar and cent 2030 you should try http://fra.me 16 bucks for a months access to 4 cores,16gb ram,and access to the nvidia grid gpu's.runs windows 7(or server 2012 or something), runs inside chrome or firefox, its all rather magical really. They are also offering at some point more cores,ram,and tesla gpgpu hot computing

Took a look. For 16 a month you get 500 credits. The 16 gb server is 60 credits per hour

How is it per month? Cheaper to use a desktop and other software.....

• zawyetunzawyetun Member
    edited September 2015

@nadz said:Happy for you.

Windows 2012, Windows 8 and 10 has direct3d enabled by default. It should emulate "virtual graphic" that required to run bluestack.

Yup, nadz. :)

But for me, installing bluestacks in windows 8 did not succeed. It stucks no matter how many times i tried.
    But for windows 10, did not test it out.

• 500 euro per month is a minimum for such a server due to specific config it needs to be set up from barebone.

• ddosprotection said: 500 euro per month is a minimum for such a server due to specific config it needs to be set up from barebone.

This is a joke right? he could buy a E3 server second hand for that.

TarZZ92 said: This is a joke right? he could buy a few E3 servers second hand for that.

Fixed. Depends how new and what config.

• @cmsjr123 said:
    How is it per month? Cheaper to use a desktop and other software.....

I mean I have a lowend sub $300 craptop that cant handle photoshop, photoshop via fra.me is tbh the fastest I have ever witnessed photoshop, So not a lot of time per month but I am much more productive, so it has worked well for me. They offer a server thats closest to your location and price wise I had been given a quote at one point for a xeon haswell-ep 1 socket/32gb ddr4/amd r90 that was an entire year upfront and right around 6000$.
    I'd build a sever and find a colo setup closest to you if you are dead set on this

• @wych said:
    raptorpeanutbuttr knock your shameless sales plugs off.
    @wych said:
    raptorpeanutbuttr knock your shameless sales plugs off.

ooh no man,thats not what i intended at all. shit, my bad if i caused any trouble

• Maounique said: Fixed. Depends how new and what config.

>

i came across a E3-1220 for only £73 it's still a great performer for both single and multi thread.

TarZZ92 said: E3-1220

No integrated graphics.

• Maounique said: No integrated graphics.

i know but there was many others with gpu's

Yes, for 500 Eur you can surely buy a few of those.

• Thinking out loud here, but can one of Hetzner's ARM processors (Exynos Octa-core) run native Android and then push the display over VNC? Skip emulation altogether?

• rincewind said: Thinking out loud here, but can one of Hetzner's ARM processors (Exynos Octa-core) run native Android and then push the display over VNC? Skip emulation altogether?

I doubt his software runs on ARM, it requires direct3d which is not available on Android either.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited September 2015

Maounique said: Yes, for 500 Eur you can surely buy a few of those.

where you getting that figure from? and i deal in £

brand new you can get them for £220-£240 (€297-€324)

Scan has a nice collection http://www.scan.co.uk/shop/computer-hardware/all/cpu-intel/xeon-socket-1150

I was thinking of used ones, who needs brand new, the differences from the last generation 3 times cheaper are minimal.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @William said:
    I doubt his software runs on ARM, it requires direct3d which is not available on Android either.

OP plans to run Bluestack which is an Android emulator. Why use an emulator if you could run native Android on a server instead?

• @rincewind said:
    OP plans to run Bluestack which is an Android emulator. Why use an emulator if you could run native Android on a server instead?

He probably wants to use (bot)software which requires bluestacks and windows to run.

Thanked by 1netomx