Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GoDaddy .net renewal coupon?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GoDaddy .net renewal coupon?

MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
edited May 2015 in Help

Hello folks,

I've tried literally 30 or 40 coupons, none of them work. Thing is, this .net domain renewal costs me 17.17 euros which I think it's an absolute abuse.

Do you guys happen to have any coupon working for .net renewals?

Comments

• berkayberkay Member

I thought there is a .new TLD :D Might want to change your title.

For your question, I'd check domainpricemonitor.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Honestly, if it is a renew, I'd just transfer the domain to like NameSilo or something.

Thanked by 2MikePT yomero
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@MrGeneral said:
    Hello folks,

I've tried literally 30 or 40 coupons, none of them work. Thing is, this .net domain renewal costs me 17.17 euros which I think it's an absolute abuse.

Do you guys happen to have any coupon working for .net renewals?

Ooops, my fault!

@Gadelhas said:
    Honestly, if it is a renew, I'd just transfer the domain to like NameSilo or something.

Right, but the domain has expired one day ago, so transferring it, the DNS will be changed to GoDaddy's, I'd rather renew and transfer it afterwards.. :P

• xdudexdude Member

if you have lots of domains then sign up for Godaddy discount club. With one of those code it cost around $60 a month but you get all main tlds for less than $10 renewal price.

@xdude said:
    if you have lots of domains then sign up for Godaddy discount club. With one of those code it cost around $60 a month but you get all main tlds for less than $10 renewal price.

Isn't it $60 per year?

Still too expensive.

• you could always transfer to name cheap and use this coupon REGXFERMAY
    i think it'll be around $10

• You can still transfer it if the domain is renewal grace period.

• tdaletdale Member

I know this doesnt help but i figured i would share this. http://networksolutions.com/domain-name-registration/AF-domains.jsp?promo=NCDISC0043

Netsol domains .com/.net/.org for 50 cents. I always reg at netsol for .50 cents and xfer out. I think more people should use this url to be honest. This is under cost for them and you don't need anything else in the cart to get the domain for 50 cents. They just hope you'll buy shared hosting or some other product with the domain.

Thanks for your input, folks.

I've indeed transferred it my domain reseller account (Reseller Club), $9.99 with free renewal, much better.

Thank you once again!

@tdale said:
    I know this doesnt help but i figured i would share this. http://networksolutions.com/domain-name-registration/AF-domains.jsp?promo=NCDISC0043

Netsol domains .com/.net/.org for 50 cents. I always reg at netsol for .50 cents and xfer out. I think more people should use this url to be honest. This is under cost for them and you don't need anything else in the cart to get the domain for 50 cents. They just hope you'll buy shared hosting or some other product with the domain.

Doesn't work, from Portugal.

• tdaletdale Member

Should work.. I used it not too long ago. Its a promotion they never ended

@tdale said:
    Should work.. I used it not too long ago. Its a promotion they never ended

It doesn't here, too bad :P

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

MrGeneral said: Thing is, this .net domain renewal costs me 17.17 euros which I think it's an absolute abuse.

I suppose you used a coupon to register it for $1 or something in the first place, so they expect to recover the costs in the long term. Renewals are never very cheap at GoDaddy because of this ;)

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog

@Nyr said:
    I suppose you used a coupon to register it for $1 or something in the first place, so they expect to recover the costs in the long term. Renewals are never very cheap at GoDaddy because of this ;)

Not actually, the domain isn't even mine, it's from a friend of mine, although the previous years price was cheaper than 17 euros.

It was sorted, tho :P

• JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran

So you spent 2 days and the effort of trying dozens of coupon codes to save $8 ?

and in the end you transferred it to a domain reseller account that you already had (why wouldnt you do this first?)

was it all worth it?

@JoeMerit said:
    So you spent 2 days and the effort of trying dozens of coupon codes to save $8 ?

and in the end you transferred it to a domain reseller account that you already had (why wouldnt you do this first?)

was it all worth it?

The domain was already expired, my friend was worried about losing it, so he sent me the 17 euros, I've gone ahead and transferred it to the reseller account to avoid those yearly 17 euros. I see nothing wrong with that, I was simply trying to keep it in GoDaddy. :)