Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

8GB sticks for X3440 / X8SIL ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

8GB sticks for X3440 / X8SIL ?

leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

Hello,
I am looking for 8GB memory sticks for Intel Xeon X3440 used in Supermicro X8SIL chassis. Does anyone know the memory sticks which will work with this board/processor ?

Comments

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

ebay is ur best bet for such very old hardware (and cheaper)

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@TarZZ92 said:
    ebay is ur best bet for such very old hardware (and cheaper)

I actually want the make/model which will work with these processors. An old customer wants to upgrade memory and we don't stock this anymore.

• You need "x8" DDR3-1333 ECC Registered

I think this MIGHT work: http://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php?name=W32GE160KI

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@leapswitch SuperMicro has some models listed on their site in the Tested Memory List.

The 8GB modules for the X34xx series CPUs are expensive and were in short supply for a while when these servers were new. Not many server providers put 32GB RAM into these servers when they were new. As a result, the used market doesn't have many of these modules available and they still cost almost as much as buying them new.

It may be worth considering moving the customer over to a more powerful server rather than sinking around $300 into the RAM upgrade on this server.

Thanked by 1leapswitch