Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Dedi or VPS with at least 20tb traffic? max $25/month
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best Dedi or VPS with at least 20tb traffic? max $25/month

itaaitaa Member
edited May 2015 in Requests

Looking for minimum of:
6gb Ram,
At least 20tb transfer,
Good cpu with at least 5000 cpubenchmark score,
50gb SSD,

Basicly something like this would be good
http://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedibox-xc
but maybe with better cpu and no setup fee like they have otherwise I would take that.
Got $20-25/month max for Dedi like that.

Or I would consider VPS if someone can offer that kind of traffic and 4gb ram/4cores I can fully use for like ~$10month as well.

US location prefered, but EU would be fine as well.
Thanks guys.

Comments

• cociucociu Member

@MarkTurner maybe can hep you with a dedi

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • ScottsmanScottsman Member
    edited May 2015

nvm, i didn't see the 5000 cpubenchmark

• WilliamWilliam Member

No chance if even online is too expensive.

• itaaitaa Member
    edited May 2015

it isnt too expensive,actually thats damn great price,just I dont want to pay the setup fee to be honest as only want to take for like 1month at first to test the service if its good for me.
    Switching from a sharedhost which I have outgrown but want to future-proof as well.

Btw anyone knows how much traffic can you actually push from that online.net 15.99 deal ,says Premium 200 Mbit/s unmetered but you can't trust those numbers sometimes ;D

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Damn you guys are really cheap.

• belinikbelinik Member

+1 if online.net is too expensive chances are there isn't much offering that will fit your need. 4 fully use core for 10 bucks is also unrelistic.

• itaaitaa Member

http://www.server4you.net/vps#compare
    Anyone knows something about this company?
    for like 120euros/year they offer 6cores/6gb ram/200gb ssd, and 100mbps traffic on the Plus x5 Plan which sounds pretty decent as well.

• Shared directly to a Dedi is a huge jump. Like said a few times above you won't really find anything cheaper and most places like delimiter offer discounts on yearly term but seen as you admitted only for one month there's not much else anyone can do.

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

@belinik said:
    +1 if online.net is too expensive chances are there isn't much offering that will fit your need. 4 fully use core for 10 bucks is also unrelistic.

Agreed. You need a dedicated server if you want full core use. I don't know of any hosts that allow full core use on a VPS...

@itaa I've heard of server4you. I haven't heard anything good nor bad about them.

• belinikbelinik Member

http://www.lowendtalk.com/search?Search=server4you

a quick search show a good number of user saying avoid, especially their slightly inconvenient cancellation policy.

Thanked by 1SSDBlaze
  • itaaitaa Member

@SSDBlaze said:
    itaa I've heard of server4you. I haven't heard anything good nor bad about them.

Yup I have realized that most of the vps dont allow full core use,however Confirmed with the server4you that the cores are dedicated and I can use all their power + they even throw in Plesk panel for their vps packs.
    Any way to actually check how powerful such 6 virtual cores they are offering actually are since there isnt written from what kind of cpu they are?

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

No, I do not know of any way to check.

If someone else knows please chime in :D

They are probably E5-2620 cores or some kind of an E5.

• ZweiTigerZweiTiger Member
    edited May 2015

@SSDBlaze said:
    No, I do not know of any way to check.

If someone else knows please chime in :D

They are probably E5-2620 cores or some kind of an E5

Memory not guaranteed. Cpus are old socket 775 desktop class.

Nodes break very often.

Please do not try.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • itaaitaa Member
    edited May 2015

llolololool zweitiger are you serious? :( and I already thought I found something decent enough :(
    edit:not really sure if that's true, I found some 3year old reviews saying that their vps have got pretty decent servers under them ,surely they can't go back from good servers to old crap ones now 3years later like you are saying!

• sirmbhesirmbhe Member
    edited May 2015

I believe datashack have a default 20TB bandwidth allocation with GigE port on their offering. The price is as low as $25 so it should meet your requirements.

Regarding SSD and CPU, well that's another story.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

I would have made some space on my server but 0 visits :(

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @itaa said:
    llolololool zweitiger are you serious? :( and I already thought I found something decent enough :(
    edit:not really sure if that's true, I found some 3year old reviews saying that their vps have got pretty decent servers under them ,surely they can't go back from good servers to old crap ones now 3years later like you are saying!

Never underestimate anything, 3 years is quite a long time in the hosting world. Personally I would barely give a review that old a piece of my time, unless of course there was a consistent stream of positive reviews since then (which sounds like it's not the case) then things have most likely changed.

I saw you mention earlier you're moving away from Shared hosting, depending on who you're currently with and who you end up going with there will be a huge difference in the performance, even only moving up to a VPS.

Without knowing some actual figures and details about your setup then everyone here can only give guesses to what will suit you best, IMO your best option is to give everyone here a little glimpse of what sort of numbers your site is pulling, what sort of content it is, etc etc and they'll be able to suggest something, most likely from personal experience.

Of course you're not required too by any means, and if you're set on future proofing then 'investing' in that setup fee from online.net will be a fairly decent option.

• Don't underestimate for Atom Avolon. CPU performance is not bad ( see http://browser.primatelabs.com/user/mustafaramadhan )

• @itaa said:

I was a customer there. Yes you could see good specs from serverloft.eu at their other brand. From 29eur/mo. Shit too.

Feel free to try theese sandbox servers.