Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS or Dedicated in Europe which provides SLA for connection between Europe and USA
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS or Dedicated in Europe which provides SLA for connection between Europe and USA

I am looking for VPS or Dedicated server which provides SLA for connection between europe and usa.

Many of provides I saw states SLA for server uptime, without any mention to connection stability (Packet loss, delay and jitter).

Interested in couple of servers xeon (or equivalent) 4-cores (up to 8 cores)

Comments

• rds100rds100 Member

Providers can guarantee packet loss, delay and jitter inside their own networks. They could guarantee it to the first hop upstream (i.e. guarantee that the ports to their upstreams will not be saturated). But furthat than that it is impossible to guarantee anything. IP is a best effort protocol.

Thanked by 2William alexvolk
  • It depends from where to where.

Europe to which networks in the US?

• @MarkTurner Between Europe (London or Frankfurt) and USA (new york and dallas)

• MarkTurner said: Europe to which networks in the US?

• I don't have definitive list of required networks in US, but here are two which I got requests from them lately:

• U.s. Colo, LLC
    • EBL Global Networks
  • is such SLA possible? Not even dc's with own network can guarantee that

• WilliamWilliam Member

You want guaranteed speed and SLA from EU to US? Then buy a MPLS transport link or a wave, nobody can offer that.

• Some providers -claim- that they provide this SLA: http://www.poundhost.com/sla . I am searching for similar providers.

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited May 2015

You can find people who claim there are flying pigs and pink magic unicorns, this doesn't mean much :)

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Exactly. No provider can guarantee that.

For one simply reason, even if the provider's transit is somehow guaranteed, what if the destination network on the other end has saturated ports? Originating network has no influence over that!