Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cPanel / WHM on Online.net Dedibox Kidechire?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cPanel / WHM on Online.net Dedibox Kidechire?

Hey all,

Just wondering if any of you guys have successfully installed cPanel/WHM on the 1.99/m dedibox? If so, how's the performance?

I have multiple dediboxes sitting idle and was planning to set one up for a colleague to host his personal wordpress blog with an average of 200+ visitors / day.

Problem is, he is not familiar with the "no-control" panel option so cPanel/WHM is a must.
What do you guys think?

Comments

• I have multiple dediboxes sitting idle

Cancel a few! The €5.99 ones have been "victim of its success" for days now and some of us want one... !

• Try vesta

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2015

VestaCP unless you want to pay $15/month for those few visitors.
    And when the site is running, who needs a panel?

Thanked by 1SpinNaker
  • TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

never tried cPanel one one, but i know plesk works fine.

• My first suggestion to him was to run the site without a "Panel" but he declined.

He's a full time chef and have very limited knowledge on how to run/maintain a server and the only way he can do this on his own is to use cPanel. That is the only "Panel" he is familiar with.

Well I guess, there's only one way to find out. I'll fire up a server and install cPanel on it to see if it is going to be sluggish or not.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

It can't even run Piwik or Crysis, i would not put CPanel on it.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Infinity580 said: It can't even run Piwik or Crysis

Mine ran Piwik just fine, did not try Crysis though.

• lbftlbft Member

Infinity580 said: It can't even run [...] Crysis, i would not put CPanel on it.

Is it painful being that stupid?

• NomadNomad Member

I've put Sentora on my SC Gen2 to run a few static sites. It's also running a radio server and ampache. They are both php and they run just fine. There's even a Serviio instance running on it.

I didn't try cPanel since I don't have a licence for it but I tried Plesk. It ran. It wasn't lightning fast of course but it ran.
    As for WordPress, it might be slow but with heavy caching you can run it just fine.

Thanked by 1SpinNaker