Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Billing system requests
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Billing system requests

Our company is developing a billing system (which more likely to be opensource). Comment out your ideas to add.

It was started as a private project for the company. But later we've decided to make it public.

Current implementation,

cPanel/Plesk auto provisioning. (Solus - WIP)
Order management
Ticket system
Network uptime monitor (WIP - not sure about the availability with the first beta)
Client management
Integrated simple blog system
Login api (So you can use it with your other projects)
PayPal,Stripe integration.
and few more...

It would be nice to hear what you wanted from a such a system.

Comments

• cassacassa Member

Simple module framework with good documentation
    Easy templating

• cassa said: Simple module framework

I will add it to our to-do list. Thanks.

Documentation will be provided in text and video media.

Template system is currently not implemented as we've started this project to make our own billing system for the company. But we will implement it very soon.

• Blesta alternative would be good

• century1stop said: Blesta alternative would be good

Thank you for your comment. :) But we're not trying to be competitive with other companies. Just a simple yet cool billing system

• API for the billing system, develop maxmind integration, credit system, support module (either within the software or use another opensource support application and integrate it right within, or integrate a commercial one using API).

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@sdglhm said:
    But we're not trying to be competitive with other companies. Just a simple yet cool billing system

That right there isn't motivational , when you think something think big. Cause you'll be self motivated and will enjoy working than just plain working.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

Not in PHP!

@perennate said:
    Not in PHP!

Why not ?

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

BharatB said: Why not ?

Have you never used another language? http://eev.ee/blog/2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-bad-design/

• @BharatB said:
    Why not ?

Not a hipster language.

• @perennate said:
    Have you never used another language? http://eev.ee/blog/2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-bad-design/

Billmanager written in c++ and kind of shit if you ask me.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

sdglhm said: But we're not trying to be competitive with other companies. Just a simple yet cool billing system

Well competing or not if you do not include a complete migration system to import complete data in to what ever you are developing then your only target audience is people who are not yet in business.

It always makes me shake my head how many people write panels and do not consider the fact that no one wants to run 2 panels that do the same thing its bad for management, bad for customers and bad for business.

• FraudRecord that has a point limit before.provisions

• DTraffic said: API for the billing system,

We've already started developing a Json API. Thank you for your comment.

BharatB said: That right there isn't motivational , when you think something think big. Cause you'll be self motivated and will enjoy working than just plain working.

The thing is, our company only focuses on user satisfaction. Not to compete with other companies. If user is satisfied, he/she will do it for us by recommending our brand.

perennate said: Not in PHP!

Sorry, but it is in PHP.

deadbeef said: Not a hipster language.

As long as it's built on correct patterns, it's not a thing to be considered.

AnthonySmith said: Well competing or not if you do not include a complete migration system to import complete

As our current system is already on WHMCS, we will write a whmcs -> (disclosed) system. Also're focused on writing a BB migration tool. But nothing more, nothing less for now.

Thank you all for your comments.

• TinyTunnel_Tom said: FraudRecord that has a point limit before.provisions

Now that's a good idea. Also blacklisting IP may come handy. (specially those infected china IP's)

• If it's good, charge for it. We can always use good alternatives. Perhaps do some unique integrations or something.

• sambling said: If it's good, charge for it. We can always use good alternatives. Perhaps do some unique integrations or something.

We have no intention in charging for it. Our focus is to build a fluid billing system for web hosting providers

@deadbeef said:
    Not a hipster language.

@perennate said:

I never have never will never would regret learning and using PHP. And if its done right it kicks in everything. And C++ seriously no Thank you.

• @perennate said:

Why do people always bring out this example? Please, get on top of the last changes on PHP community lately (1-2 years) and then you can tell if it's good or not.

Get informed please.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Please add decent DirectAdmin integration next to the cpanel integration... There are literally no good DA billing panels :/

• Please guys, lets try not to start programming language war. Panel is already written in PHP and some functions are using a little ror (as I remember, I'm just the Ui/Ux guy)

runelaenen said: DirectAdmin integration

I can't be sure about the DA with initial release. But we're trying to include maximum number of panel compatibility with it

• i83i83 Member

Multiple methods of anti-fraud systems being available and able to be used in addition to each other.

• tommytommy Member

if people keep complain about PHP when they don't make their own billing system in C ? I'd like to know how many people will really use that.

• tommy said: I'd like to know how many people will really use that.

Maybe none. ;)