Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what's wrong with crissic vps
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

what's wrong with crissic vps

laputalaputa Member
edited June 2015 in Help

I didn't do anything on my vps and crissic say my vps is ddos other sites?
I think crissic is becoming bad now

The IP Address (23.x.x.x1) has went under attack which caused an automatic null route to be placed.

Your VPS has also been suspended in the process and a response to this ticket will be required to get it unsuspended.

Comments

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited May 2015

I also got this when I was downloading a file using aria2 (multithreaded download). I think it's caused by the amount of open connections.

• laputalaputa Member

It is strange that I have no websites on it but I am still warned by crissic. I believe that is not the case.

• SilvengaSilvenga Member
    edited May 2015

A provider's not bad if they want to protect their network... have you opened a ticket?

• Not just websites it depends on the requests coming from the actual machine. From that message you got attacked not attacking someone else. People can go through and attack any IP at any time.

• SadySady Member

There is nothing wrong with them, It's you publishing their IP publicly to welcome attacks.

• telephonetelephone Member
    edited May 2015

Sady said: There is nothing wrong with them, It's you publishing their IP publicly to welcome attacks.

@Sady There's no reason to point fingers yet. By your logic, anyone with a DNS A record is welcoming an attack.

@laputa Contact Crissic and wait for a response before attempting to slander their brand. If you're still unsatisfied after 48 hours, then come back to LET.

Thanked by 1switsys
  • laputalaputa Member
    edited May 2015

@Silvenga said:
    A provider's not bad if they want to protect their network... have you opened a ticket?

just open a new ticket and waiting their unefficient response (as previously I have to wait for more a day even the ticket priority is high)

• TrafficTraffic Member

Just don't reply to the ticket their automated system opened. It seems the replies to those are ignored, or at least they ignored mine.

Thanked by 1laputa
  • laputalaputa Member

@telephone said:
    laputa Contact Crissic and wait for a response before attempting to slander their brand. If you're still unsatisfied after 48 hours, then come back to LET.

today the same issue occurs AGAIN, I don't think this is my problem

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited June 2015

@laputa said:

From the ticket content it does look like an automatic nullrouting for incoming ddos. Remove the ip from this forum, and move to cloudflare dns.

Getting a ddos is partly your problem. Are you hosting a forum?

• laputalaputa Member

I think the control panel I used have been hacked by somebody. Even I change my pass it still occurs but the problem only persists on my old crissic vps, so I need to discover if there is a security issue on wdcp (www.wdlinux.cn/wdcp/)

I don't think the probem is on my website content but the wdcp does.

• laputalaputa Member

and I am not able to edit the previous content

• @laputa May I ask you where your username comes from? Is it a chinese word for something, maybe?

• laputalaputa Member

@Traffic said:
    laputa May I ask you where your username comes from? Is it a chinese word for something, maybe?

not really chinese word but japanese

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited June 2015

laputa said: not really chinese word but japanese

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laputa ?

Re. your original question: I'd reinstall the VPS with no panel, or at least a secure one. If you are sure there is no other way your server was compromised, the panel is more than likely the problem.

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK
  • You've clearly been hacked, this "Your VPS has also been suspended in the process and a response to this ticket will be required to get it unsuspended." means the attack was going outbound. Do what @Traffic said and you'll be fine.

Just out of the curiosity, what was the outbound packets per second (PPS)?

• @laputa said:

In Spanish it also means something..lol

• Issam2204 said: In Spanish it also means something..lol

I'm Spanish. That's why I asked :)