Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

wildcard or single SSL prices
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

wildcard or single SSL prices

AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
edited May 2015 in Requests

Hi Folks,

I was just about to buy 7 certs for something I am setting up right now and just before I hit buy I thought why not ask the people of LET if they know of any cheaper/better options?

I need 7 SSL certs (maybe more later) best price I found was on ssls.com @ $55.09 for all 7 which is fine but I wondered if there are better options, I only buy certs once every 3 years or so normally so I am sure others here know of better options?

Ant.

Comments

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

Where are you looking at currently? I always get mine from GoGetSSL

Thanked by 1lifehome
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited May 2015

At http://www.startssl.com/ you just pay $60 and then you can create any number of wildcard certs. So just $60 for all 7, or for any number really. As for ssls.com, I don't think those you plan to get are wildcard, are they?

Also my usual advice stands, check if maybe you can simply go with WoSign: https://www.ohling.org/blog/2015/02/wosign-free-2y-ssl-certificate.html

• CasterCaster Member

if it's a personal site use wosign free one. it's quite good.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Like everyone else is asking; different domains? Otherwise look for a wildcard cert.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

mikho said: different domains?

Same domain, I found a wildcard for $70 so will probably use that, something about startssl puts me off but I will give it a second look.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Same domain, I found a wildcard for $70 so will probably use that, something about startssl puts me off but I will give it a second look.

Comodo Positive SSL Wildcard on GoGetSSL for $60/year, didn't do much research, but it's cheap.

• jason25jason25 Member

PositiveSSL - Entry Level SSL Certificate

• Domain Validation
    • Issued in minutes
    • Secures a single domain (www and non www)
    • Least Verification Required

$9 /year

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited May 2015

AnthonySmith said: Same domain, I found a wildcard for $70

$70 is too expensive, there's an offer mentioned in http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1050273/#Comment_1050273
    seems active till May 31, wildcard for $42/year or $78 per two years:
    https://www.ssl2buy.com/alphassl-wildcard.php
    A number of other options listed in that thread, e.g. getting a VMbox VPS and the free wildcard cert from them.

Also someone here on LET recently was kind enough that they just gave me a wildcard cert for free. Won't advertise/link to their post so they don't get overly swamped with PMs, just try a search and look through recent SSL cert-related discussions.

• rokokrokok Member

Im always use gogetssl reseller now, cheap, easy and fast

• yomeroyomero Member

GoGetSSL it's the way to go =P
    And if you sign up for a reseller account you can save some extra bucks.

Or that $42 offer seems great (and garrisonhost does a similar one IIRC)

• JonchunJonchun Member

@AnthonySmith said:

There should be a free wildcard with the purchase of a vm from vmbox or something like that. Hunt on LET. That's where I got mine. Like.. wildcard for $5 or something. ;D

• bohdansbohdans Member

vmbox.co $20 a year VPS + Wildcard Cert :)

• @rm_ said:
    At http://www.startssl.com/ you just pay $60 and then you can create any number of wildcard certs. So just $60 for all 7, or for any number really. As for ssls.com, I don't think those you plan to get are wildcard, are they?

Also my usual advice stands, check if maybe you can simply go with WoSign: https://www.ohling.org/blog/2015/02/wosign-free-2y-ssl-certificate.html

I have startssl Class2 and its pretty great :) However the verification process took me a while.

• WilliamWilliam Member

If you need a wildcard i can give you one - I get one per IP from VMBox.

all sorted, thanks for the offers and info everyone.

/thread (for me anyway)

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Hi Folks,

I was just about to buy 7 certs for something I am setting up right now and just before I hit buy I thought why not ask the people of LET if they know of any cheaper/better options?

I need 7 SSL certs (maybe more later) best price I found was on ssls.com @ $55.09 for all 7 which is fine but I wondered if there are better options, I only buy certs once every 3 years or so normally so I am sure others here know of better options?

Ant.

I don't think ssls.com is providing wildcard ssl certificate @ $55.09 as per resource http://www.cheapsslcouponcode.com/store/ssls.com which I prefer the most to remain updated with latest ssl discount coupons. But you can find other trusted store's discount coupons for wildcard ssl certificate on it.

• @AnthonySmith - Get Single Comodo SSL Certificate at $5.00 from CheapSSLSecurity and Single RapidSSL Certificate at $6.66.

Comodo Wildcard SSL at $60 & RapidSSL Wildcard at $74.

@scotwhite said:
    I don't think ssls.com is providing wildcard ssl certificate @ $55.09 as per resource http://www.cheapsslcouponcode.com/store/ssls.com which I prefer the most to remain updated with latest ssl discount coupons. But you can find other trusted store's discount coupons for wildcard ssl certificate on it.

I know, that was the price for 7 certs :)

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Where did you take from ?

• @AnthonySmith said:
    I know, that was the price for 7 certs :)

For which ssl certificate, the price $55.09 is ssls.com providing? I think all 7 ssl certificate are same?

• BruceBruce Member

still welcome to send me CSR for your domain

edited May 2015
    Thanked by 1scotwhite
  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@Bruce said:
    still welcome to send me CSR for your domain

I was a little bit busy. I replied the ticket with My CSR :-) Have a Look !

• DanielBDanielB Member

By the way, just wanted to mention. I used to use GoGetSSL for most of my stuff but have since switched to thesslstore.com. If you sign up for their reseller program all of their prices beat GoGetSSL and their support is phenomenal (not to mention they have a price match program if you find the same cert cheaper somewhere else...).

Though for all of my own certs I generally use startssl.com, hard to beat $60 for unlimited wildcards.

• CloudconeCloudcone Member, Patron Provider

DanielB said: all of their prices beat GoGetSSL

What is the lowest rate they gave you?

• DylanDylan Member

DanielB said: If you sign up for their reseller program all of their prices beat GoGetSSL

I just went through the process to sign up, and The SSL Store's prices seem significantly higher than GoGetSSL's. Even GGSSL's base, free-to-all discount tier is just barely more expensive than The SSL Store's best, which requires $9,999 in sales or loaded funds.

• DanielBDanielB Member

@Dylan said:
    I just went through the process to sign up, and The SSL Store's prices seem significantly higher than GoGetSSL's. Even GGSSL's base, free-to-all discount tier is just barely more expensive than The SSL Store's best, which requires $9,999 in sales or loaded funds.

Maybe I need to go check again then, GGSSL might have changed their prices since I first started using thesslstore

I can't seem to find an actual reseller price list though, anyone have a link to one for GGSSL?

• DylanDylan Member

@DanielB said:
    I can't seem to find an actual reseller price list though, anyone have a link to one for GGSSL?

They don't publicly publish reseller prices, AFAIK. You have to look inside your account.

• DanielBDanielB Member

@Dylan said:
    They don't publicly publish reseller prices, AFAIK. You have to look inside your account.

I think that's why I assumed the prices I did before, I don't have a reseller account...was just looking at their standard prices silly me. I've signed up for an account though and am talking with my account manager at The SSL Store to see if they are willing to price match reseller tiers with GoGetSSL. Will let everyone know when they respond to that. Maybe I'll be switching...

• DanielBDanielB Member

The SSL Store just gave me a custom price plan that matches GoGetSSL on most of the products (there are a few that are still cheaper, and they specifically explained to me that's because GoGetSSL is losing money at the prices they offer for those ones...which is understandable to me).

So I was a bit off on pricing, they aren't as cheap as GoGetSSL...but the level of support is worth it to me :) (specially now that I do have the cheapest prices which are pretty much in line with GoGetSSL).

Once GoGetSSL approves my reseller account I can do a bit more indepth analysic of all the price points though (been inactive so long I can't login right now).