Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hosting providers and their emails they send.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hosting providers and their emails they send.

I saw something interesting today.

I was once a customer with this company and noticed they're sending out more "marketing emails" than anything useful or remotely informative. You know, they could announce new stuff or new locations so there's no big deal about it.

Well, I started noticing the email turning more "tutorialish" / marketing than what the email was originally intended for which is at the bottom of the email:

"You are subscribed to this list because you currently have active services with us. We use this list to inform you of any security related issues and for any general updates we may need to relay to all clients."

When did general updates and security related issues become a post regarding is SQL right for you? Does anybody have this experience with other providers. Yes, I already unsubscribed.

Comments

• JonchunJonchun Member

Is it an LE* host? It's all too common for providers to get customers off LE* with special promos if only to harvest information and try to upsell services.

• RizRiz Member

I received quite a bit of these from LE* hosts more recently due to the Wordpress exploit going around.

• Jonchun said: Is it an LE* host?

They were about a year ago and did OK with reviews but kinda fell off. Their name wouldn't be in any recent Top 10 posts but the point is general information and security information, why send me out "introduction to SQL" / tutorial crap.

• I looked at their company announcements: just one regarding choosing the right web hosting package. The security category? Change SSH settings, that's it. All the "posts" they were supposed to be sending - 7 months old, stuff from 2014.

All the new stuff from me searching archives of my email: all marketing'ish