Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nimble Notebook - Note app I created
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nimble Notebook - Note app I created

agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep
edited May 2015 in General

I wrote a little note app over the weekend to keep track of very basic things and wanted to share with everyone here to get some feedback and maybe have a few people test the system.

Things to keep in mind:

This is still very much alpha. There are likely to be things I've missed and things I plan on adding / removing.

This is a project I am doing completely on my own. I'm the only coder on it.

The goal is simplicity. I just want to take notes and have them somewhere on the web where I can get at them.

If you're still interested in checking it out, you can visit https://www.nimblenotebook.com and register. There is a blocker code required which is notesAppAlpha

Thanks guys! Hope you find it useful. I certainly do already but I really want to improve it over time.

Comments

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2015

@ishaq thanks man I knew it wouldn't be long before someone caught something.

***Edit: Fixed :)

• AmitzAmitz Member

Mobile Safari thinks that your SSL is invalid. And, unfortunately, the site itself times out. :-(

edited May 2015

@Amitz I did post the wrong link initially and then had to change it. It's NimbleNotebook.com not NimbleNote.com The SSL is definitely valid, but I'll have to check on the certificate chain maybe.

EDIT
    It was the chain file. Thanks for pointing that out Amitz! Should be OK on iOS now. Tested on iPhone 6

• adxnadxn Member, Host Rep

Great Job @agoldenberg

would love to see public notes feature in future :v

@adxn definitely something that is doable. On tap right now I have note types. So there will be a tutorial note type for example that will let you add steps and photos for each step.

I also need to do a reset password thing as well lol! Originally it was just me using this and wasn't even sure if I would share it.

I know things like evernote exist, but I wanted something simple and that I could host myself. Once this is a bit more feature rich, I definitely plan on also being able to have people download the source and self host it, but for now I'm going to run it as a service and watch the feedback closely.

Thanked by 1adxn
  • vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

Looks cool, what does the note count do tho? Seems to stay at 0

@vfuse It should show a count as you add notes to a notebook. Is yours not showing anything?

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

@agoldenberg said:
    vfuse It should show a count as you add notes to a notebook. Is yours not showing anything?

Ah I see it now, maybe add a "create note" link next to the note count.

@vfuse Good idea!

Thanked by 1vfuse

@vfuse Added your suggestion :)

Thanked by 1vfuse
  • If it's secure, add some sort of way to encrypt notes (the ability to use key encryption). That'd be a nice feature.

• Create an iOS app!

• DennisDDennisD Member

What about being able to move the notes around so you're able to order them as you like.

@FlamesRunner ... I like that idea! That's pretty awesome and wouldn't be too hard to do.

@DennisD so you mean like a sort order? Right now they are arranged by date.

@seraphkz I'm working on it, but those take a ton of time at the moment. I want to get a good desktop and responsive feel on it first and then worry about phone packages.