Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do they really care ? cPanel VPS vs Dedicated for their provider's license - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do they really care ? cPanel VPS vs Dedicated for their provider's license

2»

Comments

• MrGeneral said: What happens if your SAN storage goes offline?

Thats why you deploy clustered SAN, our cloud platform has clustered SAN, diverse power feeds, diverse switches, diverse fabric, etc.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2015

TarZZ92 said: you really got into believing that "cloud" marketing bs.. it's simply a VPS.

I known how mine works and I can see technical differences going around our racks. No marketing BS, simply no single point of failure, contrary to a classic VPS.

We are not among those that decided to call their local Xen's a Cloud now.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

Clouvider said: I known how mine works and I can see technical differences going around our racks. No marketing BS, simply no single point of failure, contrary to a classic VPS.

We are not among those that decided to call their local Xen's a Cloud now.

And that is called a "high-availability cluster", not "cloud".

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2015

You can call it using many other words too.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@Clouvider said:
    You can call it using many other words too.

Sure. You could also call it a "thing", or "stuff", or "some kind of service", or "some type of hosting". You're probably not going to use any of those terms, yet they are roughly as informative as "cloud".

• NekkiNekki Veteran

joepie91 said: Sure. You could also call it a "thing", or "stuff", or "some kind of service", or "some type of hosting". You're probably not going to use any of those terms, yet they are roughly as informative as "cloud".

To be fair, Highavailabilityvider is a shit name.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • @joepie91 said:
    Sure. You could also call it a "thing", or "stuff", or "some kind of service", or "some type of hosting". You're probably not going to use any of those terms, yet they are roughly as informative as "cloud".

This sums up the "cloud".