Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

are these VPS stats good or not?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

are these VPS stats good or not?

hi all,

I tested my VPS with the freevps.us tool and it came back with these stats but I'm not sure if they are good or not... can you tell me if they are? and if not if there is any way I can improve on them?

CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU L5639 @ 2.13GHz Number of cores : 1 CPU frequency : 2133.464 MHz Total amount of ram : 486 MB Total amount of swap : 63 MB System uptime : 53 days, 10:05, Download speed from CacheFly: 40.6MB/s Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 1.75MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 8.14MB/s Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 3.42MB/s Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 11.8MB/s Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 24.6MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 3.65MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 3.95MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 3.42MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 2.73MB/s I/O speed : 38.6 MB/s

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Network is "just fine".

As for IO, that's really low though.

• RizRiz Member

That username though..

What are you paying for this plan? Where is it located? The IO is slow though.

• the server is in Germany and I don't want to name the host in case I get accused of advertising - I'm not the host! :) I pay 2 euro/month for this VPS.

• @summertime to improve you'll need better hardware and network

BTW summertime a close relative of summerhost? lol

• Not a very good I/O at all.

• Is it stopping you doing what you want to do with the VPS? If not, there's no problem.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • ATHKATHK Member

@hostnoob said:
    Is it stopping you doing what you want to do with the VPS? If not, there's no problem.

This.. But you know people love big numbers man..

• IO & Network is poor

But for $2/month its definitely adequate.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited May 2015

@summertime - IMO, your I/O is ok, it's just that your provider has not figured out how to inflate the dd benchmark results yet. The benchmark below looks real good, but the VPS runs a consistent 10-15% cpu load due to i/o wait while doing very little, and is pretty much unusable. Don't get stuck on a bad benchmark result if the VPS otherwise works well for what you need. Normally I will seldom use more then 30MB/s of i/o.

wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash
    CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           X5650  @ 2.67GHz
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency :  2660.023 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 256 MB
    Total amount of swap : 256 MB
    System uptime :   15 days, 8:40,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 74.9MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 38.7MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 63.2MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 10.9MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 7.17MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 15.7MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 10.9MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 75.3MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 97.8MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 29.5MB/s
    I/O speed :  187 MB/s

• @MarkTurner said:
    IO & Network is poor

So you'd like to say that Delimiter has a worst network than this vps for $2?

Judging by this bencmark:
    http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2013/11/01/vEDWpDe9dCm5hS9a#network

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited May 2015

alexvolk said: So you'd like to say that Delimiter has a worst network than this vps for $2?

Judging by this bencmark: http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2013/11/01/vEDWpDe9dCm5hS9a#network

@alexvolk - 69.2 MB/s I/O Benchmark, 2521 IOPS on remote storage. I am not a Delimiter fanboy, but I think I missed your point. ????

EDIT: Also this benchmark is from 2013/11/01/

• @FrankZ said:
    @alexvolk - 69.2 MB/s I/O Benchmark, 2521 IOPS on remote storage. I am not a Delimiter fanboy, but I think I missed your point. ????

Take a look at Network tab at serverbear. I was talking about network benchmark.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @alexvolk said:
    Take a look at Network tab at serverbear. I was talking about network benchmark.

That looks to be from 2013, little old don't you think?

• @Umcookies said:
    That looks to be from 2013, little old don't you think?

It's too old? I don't think so. Just got that benchmark from google search.

It's really amazing to call that network poor when Delimiter had worst network than vps for $2.

• There are plenty of ServerBear reports I saw in 2013, you can see them on here if you trawl around showing 800Mbps to Cachefly just to name one. Network performance has never been a complaint about Delimiter.

• UmcookiesUmcookies Member
    edited May 2015

@alexvolk It's all personal opinion I guess, personally I believe that comparing a network benchmark taken a few hours ago and one taken years ago is stacking the ods unfairly against Delimiter.

For all you know that serverbear benchmark was poorly timed and taken during peak hours

• @Umcookies - He is just trying to be inflammatory.

• @Umcookies said:
    alexvolk It's all personal opinion I guess, personally I believe that comparing a network benchmark taken a few hours ago and one taken years ago is stacking the ods unfairly against Delimiter.

If @MarkTurner said that this VPS has poor network, what he will say about benchmark for atom dedi taken 1.5 years ago ? That was my point.

• @alexvolk You made your opinions clear in the Delimiter thread, no need to derail a thread that is in no way about them.

• ATHKATHK Member

alexvolk said: It's really amazing to call that network poor when Delimiter had worst network than vps for $2.

Here we go again.. @spirit

• @ATHK said:
    Here we go again.. spirit

This is normal nowadays to say "poor" network for another providers vps when in reality their own network wasn't better either. Simple question to confirm that and here we go again!

• ATHKATHK Member

@alexvolk said:
    This is normal nowadays to say "poor" network for another providers vps when in reality their own network wasn't better either. Simple question to confirm that and here we go again!

You're digging up shit from 2013 and trying to use it as an attack tool...

You're absolutely pathetic man.

• @ATHK said:
    You're absolutely pathetic man.

So this is also too old? https://www.petabyet.com/result/2014-12-30-987753ed7232173c9a6e826f5f5adf79/

Thanked by 1vpsGOD
  • ATHKATHK Member

4 months is quite a long time, multiple factors could have been at play when they done that..

You have no idea what's happening on that box and you have no idea if the other ends are congested at all..

But I don't see a huge issue with it all..

Thanked by 1aggressivenetworks
  • jcalebjcaleb Member

use ioping to test your disk