Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you see any benefits to using Virtuozzo over OpenVZ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do you see any benefits to using Virtuozzo over OpenVZ?

Do you feel there are any benefits or advantages in using Virtuozzo over OpenVZ for public VPS service deployments?

Comments

• Don't see many

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

The only thing I am aware of is that Virtuozzo has an option to use SLM Memory Management. Supposedly it is more accurate than OpenVZ in top and free.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I will never use Virtuozzo again. My last account rep was worthless and the other account reps I've spoken with were unable to assist me because they weren't my rep. I ended up having to shutdown my business because of them years ago because the only person who was able to sell me more licenses was my rep who actively ignored me. I tried to escalate it to somebody else but I would ALWAYS get sent to his voicemail after speaking with them. I'm sure the rep is long gone but this experience was bad enough to make me stay clear of Parallels forever.

• If you changed the title to 'Do you see any disadvantages to using Virtuozzo over OpenVZ' then I think this would be the busiest topic of the week.

Virtuozzo is OpenVZ with lots of bloatware. I've personally seen a company that we bought have their Virtuozzo platform (25-26 servers) upgraded by Parallels as part of a service contract and then the whole thing falling over. 24 hours later still down. We resurrected it by moving the containers off onto OpenVZ machines.

Thanked by 2DalekOfSkaro jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Aftet spending over a year working with Virtuozzo directly as a provider, I see no benefits.

• jhjh Member

The web interface is better than Solus etc but in general, no