Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can Microsoft Ever Just Win?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can Microsoft Ever Just Win?

24khost24khost Member
edited October 2012 in General

Microsoft finally bows to consumer privacy advocates and then get's hammered by the big companies who advertise
stating they will hurt the consumer by not setting it to give there data.

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9232036/Ad_industry_calls_IE10_s_Do_Not_Track_setting_unacceptable_?taxonomyId=17

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

"When presented as a default 'on,' by design Microsoft is no longer creating a choice of whether or not data about consumers will be tracked,"

FFS, that is what they were saying that presenting opt-outs they give a choice...
    I said long ago Microsoft is no longer the bad guy here and their products are better all the time.
    Watch out for google and apple, for example...
    M

• They bow to the privacy advocates and Visa,Mcdonalds and GM start asking for a sit down wow. It just boggles my mind.

• NexusNexus Member
    edited October 2012

IE Is absolute trash, why don't they give up already?

Actually, havn't tried ie10 yet, is it still in beta?

If IE10 makes it move and works, they could come back...

• IE10 from what i have played with is pretty nice. Microsoft is changing it's position under privacy concerns.

• Microsoft provides rich pickings for antitrust legislators. If they opted in customers to tracking somewhere down the line the EU or some other US antitrust authority would hit them for the odd $1B or so. They've learned their lesson.

Apple and Google will be in line next, if they don't wine and dine the legislators enough. The EU will get them anyway. That is the price for being the biggest and most profitable