Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Related to WHMCS [Modules]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Related to WHMCS [Modules]

ShivamShivam Member
edited May 2015 in General

Hello,

Since this is a community full of providers & customers. Firstly i'd like to say this is pretty much targeted at WHMCS. Sorry for you hostbill, blesta ,clientexec folks :(

What would you like to see ?

In terms of modules of course. That has not already been developed?

Cheers.

Comments

• BruceBruce Member

what are you offering to develop? open source or commercial module?

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2015

An abuse management module. Something like ServerComplete one but better!! Bored of opening ticket :P

• Something for SoftEther would be great to see.

• ShivamShivam Member

@WickedGamingUK , i'll be implementing that into my proxy panel someone suggested that to me earlier.

Will be commercial, however not something that costs a bomb.

I'll look into that @davidgestondbi nice suggestion :)

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • A better SolusVM module that supports resellers' uses.
    Honestly, the current module kind of sucks.

• ShivamShivam Member

Ah i'd leave that to SolusVM to do. Haha!

• A automated abuse scanner like nodewatch but for kvm/xen

• @timnboys said:
    A automated abuse scanner like nodewatch but for kvm/xen

I've been given this task by a few people. I am looking into it don't fear

• ShivamShivam Member

@timenboys sounds pretty interesting i'll lok into it.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2015

I would love a REAL provisioning module, i.e. a framework module not aimed at any particular product.

I think that would really open up the services and type of services on offer.

Using a basic user add function as an example:

WHMCS Installed module handles the product creation, suspend, terminate, xyz, from the WHMCS module you can 'spawn a child module' which is downloaded to run on the destination server and obviously links back to the master.

A child module then sits on the destination server communicates with a key pair of some description and locked down by IP, you can configure a create, suspend, terminate for the child.

e.g.

Create = useradd $username -s /bin/nologin

Suspend = passwd $username -l

Terminate = userdel -r $username

Obviously you could add any function or script, this would be the best module in the known universe for WHMCS :) make it.

Thanked by 1cassa
  • ShivamShivam Member

Woh @AnthonySmith , that is a pretty monster idea however. I'll have to think about it, how i want to go about it. Just have to think about it............. xD

Thanks for the idea bud!

• ShivamShivam Member

What i was thinking of doing was maybe a payroll module? for web hosting companies? so when staff member x logs in it will start its payroll. Depending on many factors.

Per Hour. Activity , Per support ticket and much more other functions.

What do you think about that i don't think i've come across such a module for companies for staff payrolls?

Its a good idea but to be honest there are SO many modules around the administration of WHMCS itself and very little when it comes to products and provisioning.

• FraudRecord checks immediately after MaxMind :P

@PetaByet said:
    FraudRecord checks immediately after MaxMind :P

THIS!

• ShivamShivam Member

To be honest you are right but that module would be pretty useful. But yeah every request in this thread seems to be really interesting.

• Would it be possible to create a WHMCS module in which it creates a windows RDP account on the server with specific disk partition and permissions and send out the login information through an email template?

• @TheChocolateMilkMan said:
    Would it be possible to create a WHMCS module in which it creates a windows RDP account on the server with specific disk partition and permissions and send out the login information through an email template?

Ummm thats a bastard to do.

Thanked by 1Shivam
  • JonchunJonchun Member

@AnthonySmith said:
    I would love a REAL provisioning module, i.e. a framework module not aimed at any particular product.

I think that would really open up the services and type of services on offer.

Using a basic user add function as an example:

WHMCS Installed module handles the product creation, suspend, terminate, xyz, from the WHMCS module you can 'spawn a child module' which is downloaded to run on the destination server and obviously links back to the master.

A child module then sits on the destination server communicates with a key pair of some description and locked down by IP, you can configure a create, suspend, terminate for the child.

e.g.

Create = useradd $username -s /bin/nologin

Suspend = passwd $username -l

Terminate = userdel -r $username

Obviously you could add any function or script, this would be the best module in the known universe for WHMCS :) make it.

Have you taken a look at Blesta's general provisioning model that works with webhooks? Is that similar to what you want? (obviously for whmcs though)

• ShivamShivam Member

I'll look into that @Jochun

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Ummm thats a bastard to do.

Not if you have WAMP running on the backend securely handling the command 'net user'.

Jonchun said: Have you taken a look at Blesta's general provisioning model that works with webhooks? Is that similar to what you want? (obviously for whmcs though)

No I was not aware, sounds interesting.