Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We love servers - Master Reseller Hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

We love servers - Master Reseller Hosting

Helo, anyone tried or using its Master Reseller Hosting offer ? looks a nice SSD offer and I was tempted.

I gave them a try and seems that they are limiting IO transfers to 1MB. So weird.

Initially I through that "this must be normal", but then I tried to import a wordpress backup using All-In-One plugin and that didn't move.

Seems that it's really limited like this. Then I can't do anything using the cPanel file panel, and probably I won't be able to make softaculous backups and so.

I tried sending several tickets and the support was horrible. They say "there are some limitations" and they ask all the time to restore a cpanel backup, instead or reply my questions.

Another thing is that I chose one plan with dedicated IP, but I don't see the way to manage it on WHM, also, my IP is not shown in the WHMPHP plugin and every host I create uses the shared IP, not mine one.

Any experiences to share from anyone ?

Thanks

Comments

• BruceBruce Member

did you add the IP into your cpanel/WHM setup ? haven't used cpanel for a while but it isn't magic, and needs to be manually added

• KeyJeyKeyJey Member

I can't add anything, all is managed by them. And I can't see any IP management option enabled on WHM.

• DalCompDalComp Member

KeyJey said: Another thing is that I chose one plan with dedicated IP, but I don't see the way to manage it on WHM, also, my IP is not shown in the WHMPHP plugin and every host I create uses the shared IP, not mine one.

Dedicated IP by definition is only tied to one single cPanel account, usually your primary account. If you want to share this IP to with your sub-accounts, you must request/ask your provider to set this so.

• KeyJeyKeyJey Member

@DalComp, I can understand that. But "reseller dedicated IP address" sounds like that user can use its own IP address to handle its own account. That's what I see in the WHMPHP plugin. Anyway, I don't have experience with that.

I will request it, thanks.

• DalCompDalComp Member

@KeyJey said:
    But "reseller dedicated IP address" sounds like that user can use its own IP address to handle its own account.

AFAIK this is to manage delegated IP for the reseller. For example if the reseller is assigned a pool of 3 dedicated IPs, he can use these to create 3 accounts each using 1 dedicated IP. He still can not manage to share 1 IP address with all his sub-accounts (I don't think WHMPHP has this ability (yet?)).

Thanked by 1KeyJey
  • @KeyJey you'd better ensure the IP given is one that's bind to the server. Otherwise, you have a heck of a time migrating your domains to another server should the need arise.

Thanked by 1KeyJey
  • FredQcFredQc Member

@KeyJey Why not try BuyShared ? They are really great and not expensive. I/O speed of their master resseller is 20 Mb/s

• KeyJeyKeyJey Member

With BuyVM ? never :)

I already tried them. Was a horrible experience.

Thanks anyway, FredQc !