Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats the trick to get Kimsufi KS 1 package?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Whats the trick to get Kimsufi KS 1 package?

teperteper Member

From the past 3 days, I have tried at least 3 times for ordering the KS 1 package from Kimsufi when it was in stock but each and every time on the last step i got this 500 server error.

I have also mailed them the screenshots of the error but still haven't received any reply from them as of now.

So my question is whats the deal with these KS 1 packages. How to get one?

Comments

• It simply means it's out of stock / you're too late to get one :P

• getvpsgetvps Member

I guess is something else.. maybe OVH not returning confusing errors when stock is empty..

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

You have to be lucky!

• If you can afford it I advise you to get KS2: double RAM, and (if you are lucky) 4 times the disk space (2TB). Very easy to get a KS2, they are almost always available.

• If you already have an account with them it helps hugely and stops slowing the process down however I kept refreshing every couple of minutes and got lucky but it took a few days

• have you tried using Distill? it's a addon for your browser that monitors the site and will alert you when one is available. I use it everytime i need one and never seem to wait very long.

• I just had luck when I grabbed my KS1 some time ago. You may also use a service to monitor the availability.

• teperteper Member
    edited May 2015

At last grabbed my first KS-1 package.
    Trick was - being lucky :)

BTW how much time will they take to set up my server. PS. 24 hours has already passed since the order.

• @teper - Depends on if you are a new customer of Kimsufi (note: not the same as SYS or OVH)
    You would need to send ID in etc, which can take anywhere from 1 hour to 1 year (joking.. but mine took 3 months)

Then after which it's setup within the timeframe they specified on their website at the time of order, ie 90sec, 24 hrs, 48hrs etc etc

• @teper said:
    At last grabbed my first KS-1 package.
    Trick was - being lucky :)

BTW how much time will they take to set up my server. PS. 24 hours has already passed since the order.

if you have already ordered and paid then it implies that your account is already verified. I ordered ks-1 ten days ago and had to wait almost 3 days for setup. posting in their forum with your order number may quicken the process.

• cassacassa Member

The trick is to stop creating these topics and reading the others

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

@cassa said:
    The trick is to stop creating these topics and reading the others

Thats the best advice, there are several thread where you can get direct link to order, I had once ordered using a link from thread while it was not in stock on site.

• teperteper Member
    edited May 2015

@Saahib said:
    Thats the best advice, there are several thread where you can get direct link to order, I had once ordered using a link from thread while it was not in stock on site.

Can you share with me that link?
    Many of my friends also need KS1 package?

I have gone through various threads but cant find what you are saying.

PS: Of course i have created this thread after searching elsewhere.

• Issam2204 said: (if you are lucky) 4 times the disk space (2TB).

Do people often get lucky? By the way which OVH site allows orders from Indians?

• pailypaily Member

Just check http://kimsufi.cf/.

• @joelgm said:
    Do people often get lucky? By the way which OVH site allows orders from Indians?

For int'l buyers, kimsufi.ie

It's the Irish site, will redirect you to kimsufi.com/en.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited May 2015

XIAOSpider97 said: For int'l buyers, kimsufi.ie

It's the Irish site, will redirect you to kimsufi.com/en.

http://www.kimsufi.com/fr/ accepts international users too, and from experience the french site seems to get all lineup updates first, only a couple of days later all the other sites get updated too.

• @rm_ said:
    http://www.kimsufi.com/fr/ accepts international users too, and from experience the french site seems to get all lineup updates first, only a couple of days later all the other sites get updated too.

Maybe, but I think directly using English version is better than using Google Translate.

I am a Chinese and Kimsufi (Europe) is the only OVH part that accepts Chinese :(

• NetxonsNetxons Member

PM me if you need a KS-1 I have few idle =)