Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BlueVM - Service down & not answering tickets
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BlueVM - Service down & not answering tickets

I'm haveing a mare of a time with this amaterish provider. I switched my reseller setup to them a couple of months ago. The whole service has been very sketchy and now my reseller account and all the websites have been down for 4 days. Also, I've opened HIGH urgency tickeys asking WTF is going on and no one is answering them. My clients are going mad, i'm going mad, i've no confidence in them whatsoever and want to get the heck out of their hosting. But I want my data back to download it and get my clients sites. It's a disaster recovery operation now.

Does anyone know what is going on at this company! Please people, stay away from this lot - not unless you want a total night mare.
Thanks
Alan

Comments

• cociucociu Member
    edited May 2015

not offend , but if you do a simple search in this forum you can see rewievs from last year .... and you post in the topic you are client only for a few mounts so until pay have a look next time

• Ive actually had a VPS with them for 2 years now and to be honest that worked fine snd strangely - it's still onlline. It was on that basis that I decided to move my reseller set up. They have no idea what their doing with reseller service.

• cassacassa Member

Don't panic, this is just normal

Thanked by 3ATHK netomx AndreiGhesi
  • ATHKATHK Member
    edited May 2015

@darnfatruler

If you're going to move off to another reseller, give BuyVM a go they're awesome!

http://buyvm.net/

• Just shut up and leave, that's what I have learned from them...

• jcalebjcaleb Member

just move on. data lost i think

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

Not sure if this is helpful for you, but if you didn't know, this is their uptime site.

http://uptime.bluevm.com/

It says their LA node is down, and that they are having issues with KVM customers.

• defaultdefault Veteran

Shared hosting is not in LA, but in CA. I am also a customer there and opened a ticket. From my opinion everything is lost. Back in 2012 and 2013 they were great, but for a few months now they are a total nightmare.

I strongly advice anyone to not buy any service from bluevm, no matter how cheap or tempting it is. They have to organize their business and support before selling anything.

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited May 2015

Yeah, I'd move away from them if you can because they only seem to be present every now and then. They have made a promise to improve several times, but unfortunately they never really met that promise.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

darnfatruler said: But I want my data back to download it and get my clients sites. It's a disaster recovery operation now

I know you are pised off now, but when you'll get out of that nightmare, please consider taking daily backups in at least one other server from other company if you resell hosting...
    Good luck there...

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • ScottsmanScottsman Member
    edited May 2015

you are lucky it has only been 4 days, i have a shared plan with them for a few pbn sites and they have been down for the last 9 days.
    i wouldn't bother opening tickets because i know they wont get answered.

Thanked by 1default
  • @BlueVM - any updates? Same issue with them too... Need them to come back so I can pull my data again.

• ScottsmanScottsman Member
    edited May 2015

@betatester you are talking to the dead my friend.

bluevm is either folding or will be folding soon after all this down time unhappy clients and paypal cases.

• This is bad. BlueVM won't last much longer at all if it continues like this.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

WWWHostingServices said: This is bad. BlueVM won't last much longer at all if it continues like this.

Thats been said the last year or even longer and they are still around. ;)

• vpslegendvpslegend Member
    edited May 2015

@WWWHostingServices said:
    This is bad. BlueVM won't last much longer at all if it continues like this.

those logics do not apply to low end market unfortunately. As long as you can offer ridiculously cheap prices, people will sign up no matter how much they are warned. People will cry when things go wrong like you see in this thread but that won't stop most of the others here from signing up. greenvaluehost, chicagovps, bluevm etc are some of the major examples of those shady hosts who fall into that category.

Thanked by 2Jonchun default
  • Is it only the shared hosting customers that are down right now?

• IshaqIshaq Member

MarkTurner said: Is it only the shared hosting customers that are down right now?

Yes, but I think there are some KVM customers down too.

• We are in the process of migrating from feathur to a new panel which will fix all the issues like reboot and mounting issue.
    We are also working on moving the vpses to better and faster nodes.We expect a few weeks while all issues are fixed and we will provide adequate compensation for the inconvenience.Hope you understand.

• @toirdaprr said:
    We are in the process of migrating from feathur to a new panel which will fix all the issues like reboot and mounting issue.
    We are also working on moving the vpses to better and faster nodes.We expect a few weeks while all issues are fixed and we will provide adequate compensation for the inconvenience.Hope you understand.

A few weeks of downtime?

• defaultdefault Veteran

A few weeks of downtime is nothing. A few years of downtime is important. /sarcasm

• gianggiang Veteran

Ishaq said: Yes, but I think there are some KVM customers down too.

Mine is still down because I can't do anything with the empty VPS (feathur coudn't work!)

• joereidjoereid Member

@MarkTurner said:
    Is it only the shared hosting customers that are down right now?

Two of my VPS have been offline since Easter.

• defaultdefault Veteran

It is strange. In this period of the year they usually released an extremely cheap anniversary offer (because BlueVM was launched in May 2011). This year (2015) instead they offer lots of downtime with excuses and promises. Something must have happened in the past year. I wonder what has happened so important that everything has fallen apart.

Thanked by 1Sady
  • disappointment abounds in the region. I'm more bitter that my backups were too weak (or two weeks; either works).

• Finally back up for me. I received a uptime noticed, logged in and started my back up. I'd recommend the same for you all.

• elflordelflord Member

I haven't been able to get in contact with them for like a year and a half and stopped trying a long time ago. It's a zombie outfit. Keep getting invoices and warnings for invoices and all kinds of crap, even after sending messages to them and canceling a long time ago. My paypal has been screaming over and over again that they are trying to charge me but can't because I don't have a cc attached to that paypal account. Really shady company. Was fairly OK a few years back.