Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net payment problems
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net payment problems

netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

This is the 3rd time I've changed my CC in Online.net bc they are being declined...

Does anyone have the same problem?

tinfoil hats on They maybe want to get rid of those 1.99 euro server!

tinfoil hats off

Comments

• wychwych Member

No idea, I know my payments always trigger a bank fraud marker that I have to ring up and reset...

• No problem for payment at this month. Just late payment (5 May 2015).

• comXyzcomXyz Member

I have never had any problem with payment. I have few 1.99 servers also.

• vpsGODvpsGOD Member, Host Rep

No problem before(paypal) and now(credit card) they taking amount 2nd/3rd day of each month

• NomadNomad Member

Which country issued your cards?
    Are those cards in the account holders name?
    And, is Internet shopping enabled on your cards?

Every month I get a payment failed mail but that's because I never leave enough credit on my card.

Did you try contacting the support?

• I've only ever had issues adding my new cards due to fraud detection (at creditcard company) as they charge random amounts to check your card. e.g. 1.00 or 1.21, etc.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Nomad said: Which country issued your cards? Are those cards in the account holders name? And, is Internet shopping enabled on your cards?

MX, yes, and yes. 3 months ago, I was paying with X CC, but got rejected, changed for Y, and got it. Today, I've changed it to another, and worked.

• WilliamWilliam Member

Never had any issues with my Austrian CC, 6+ invoices and going on.

• AmitzAmitz Member

All good here (German Mastercard).

• NomadNomad Member

@netomx said:
    MX, yes, and yes. 3 months ago, I was paying with X CC, but got rejected, changed for Y, and got it. Today, I've changed it to another, and worked.

Did you check it with your bank? Maybe they are marking the payments as fraud and preventing it thus resulting in error with Online.

Also, funny thing I got mentioned but did not get notified by the system.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I had exactly the same issue, 2 different cards rejected for a 1.99 server and I already had an active account that they had taken payment for other servers with only the 1.99 server was declined, they kept saying check with the issuer it was declined I did that the issuer said there was no attempt made.

I presented this to online.net and they asked for a copy of my passport to verify (my already active for a few months) account...

So yeah I think that might just be their way of not wanting to sell the 1.99 servers.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @netomx, there is something odd about how Online.net is processing CC payments ..... I just haven't figured it out yet.

• It is likely triggering fraud detection with your bank (it did with mine). There was a thread on LET where this was brought up before. It appears that March and April 2015 payments in particular were affected by this. After I proactively notified my bank to expect the charges, everything was trouble-free for May. (I use a virtual card #).
    • It may be something with the Merchant ID's that they are using (I noticed a couple of different ones were used for successive payments.

But, again, just speculation on my part.

I have actually brought this to Online.net's attention but they claim to have nothing different with how they process payments.

Notify them via ticket (in particular Bene) and they will investigate.

Cheers

• catalystiumcatalystium Member
    edited May 2015

Back when the 1.99 servers first hit I tried several times with different CC's and none of them worked and none hit fraud at the banks.

• rds100rds100 Member

catalystium said: Back when the 1.99 servers first hit I tried several times with different CC's and none of them worked

Me too. I couldn't get one of these, because none of my cards were accepted by online.net

• tortautortau Member

Never had issues with Online.net so far.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited May 2015

@netomx - MX as well. May was the first month that the charge did not fail, and generate a call from the bank.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member

I changed recently my prepaid CC because it was ended life, and there was not even one problem. Simetimes I do not have funds enough for paying the day that they try to, receive an emain about the issue, recharge the prepaid and all are fine.
    TL'DR Not even a single problem with paying (have 3 servers) and they work like a charm!

@FrankZ said:
    netomx - MX as well. May was the first month that the charge did not fail, and generate a call from the bank.

Me too. I changed from Banamex (Citibank) to Banorte and worked perfectly, until this month.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • Never had any problems with them, even more... once a year i ask them to change my payment method from paypal to cc so i can pay a couple of domains i have with them, and then they switch it back to paypal...

I am a customer for arround 3 years now and in this moment i only have kidéchire servers, 15 of them.

TL:DR: love them.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

I had this happen a few months ago, just the once - i think they retried 24 hours later and all' been good since.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Somehow they got my American Express and they know how to charge it.

Maybe I'm paying for your orders, @netomx? ;-)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member

I "ordered" a failover IP with a click and nowhere did it mention a price. But it was 1.99€ I think.

Now going to leave online.net. Their peering sux anyway~

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Fine here with an HSBC debit card in the UK

• It could possibly be your bank declining it due to it being a foreign transaction. I have had invoices with other companies overseas suddenly be declined after a year + of no issues. It ended up being a bitch to get it approved because the bank didn't want to due to suspected fraud.....

• smile93smile93 Member
    edited May 2015

I have no problem with my cc from first invoice till now. Payment always charged on first Monday evening every month.

@mpkossen said:
    Somehow they got my American Express and they know how to charge it.

Maybe I'm paying for your orders, netomx? ;-)

I really hope so :P

@ChrisMiller said:
    It could possibly be your bank declining it due to it being a foreign transaction. I have had invoices with other companies overseas suddenly be declined after a year + of no issues. It ended up being a bitch to get it approved because the bank didn't want to due to suspected fraud.....

This may be the case

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I switched to CC payments a month ago. My bank is sending me SMS to contact it if I did not pay 1.99 to them but that is about it. The card was about to expire, this is why I changed to CC to avoid the middleman and still have a failover in case something was wrong.
    This month I changed it, they charged me 1 Eur (btw, do they return it, because the charge for may was still 1.99) and there were no issues at all. My bank still SMSed me, but i believe this is standard procedure for very big or very small transactions.

Thanked by 1netomx