Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UptimeVPS DE9 node inaccessible
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UptimeVPS DE9 node inaccessible

titanicsaledtitanicsaled Member
edited October 2011 in General

My UptimeVPS VPS on their DE9 node has been inaccessible for the past few days. Solus shows that it is online but I cannot access it via ssh at all. When I try and ping the vps it says

"Reply from xxx.x.xx.xxx: TTL expired in transit."

Has anyone else had this issue? Is anyone else on the DE9 node? Is there any way to fix this myself, because UptimeVPS's WHMCS is down at the moment because they corrupted their db :P

Comments

• All these companies with 'up' in their names around here makes things confusing.

• titanicsaledtitanicsaled Member
    edited October 2011

@drmike said: All these companies with 'up' in their names around here makes things confusing.

I know! The 'uptime' is a bit ironic to be honest cause I don't even have an email address to contact them with.

• Try rebooting it from the SolusVM, i also got a VPS from them and it's still working

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited October 2011

@titanicsaled said: I know! The 'uptime' is a bit ironic to be honest cause I don't even have an email address to contact them with.

MAybe you can try via twitter/fb and so.

• yeah whole node INDIA is down lulz also cant log in into client area lol

• tbh, uptimeVPS sucks! i cancelled my server with them!

• Any one willing to come together with me and form DowntimeVPS?

• Too much competition :/

• @vedran said: Too much competition :/

LOL!

• INFO FROM & ABOUT UPTIME:

We are currently experiencing an outage with our Alpha and Bravo node at France.
    Service will be resumed asap.
    We apologies for the inconvenience and would appreciate everyone's patience while our top priority is to resume service.

We have found our database for WHMCS has become corrupt, we are working hard to get this back. Our ETA is Monday. Sorry

• I think I should start an editorial service for some of these companies. :P

• s/editorial/funeral/

• Aldryic said: s/editorial/funeral/

True very very true.

• They appear to be back. Can now access client area.

• Yeah, WHMCS is back, but my vps is still inaccessible :(

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2011

Open support ticket - you're not the only one with this issue at their de9 node. They will give you new IP (all rest will stay untouched).

• We have found our database for WHMCS has become corrupt, we are working hard to get this back.

Guess someone forgot to do the backup and/or it was corrupt.

• drmike said: Guess someone forgot to do the backup and/or it was corrupt.

It happened same to ramhost few weeks ago, just that uptimevps restored it faster and unlike ramhost completely. Maybe they had backups after all? :)

• Everytime i see the word backup, the OCD in me make's me make a new backup :P

• @VMport: backup, backup, backup... :P

• Ironic that this post gets bumped to the top as soon as they post an advertisement here :)

• Everytime i see the word backup, the OCD in me make's me make a new backup :P

Do I sense the first member of backups anonymous. :P

• @kylix
    Stop it rsync can only handle so much!

@AuroraZ
    Lmfao, yep.

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • @kylix HAHAHA LOLOL been laughing for about two mins thank you.