Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

online.net or kimsufi - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

online.net or kimsufi

13»

Comments

• edited May 2015

Nomad said: Do you even know what KVM is? (:

That's easy... it's the Kosovo Verification Mission

The Kosovo Verification Mission (KVM) was an OSCE mission to verify that Serb forces were complying with the October Agreement to end atrocities in Kosovo, withdraw armed forces from Kosovo, and abide by a ceasefire.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • @funyuns_are_awesome said:

The Kosovo Verification Mission (KVM) was an OSCE mission to verify that Serb forces were complying with the October Agreement to end atrocities in Kosovo, withdraw armed forces from Kosovo, and abide by a ceasefire.

rofl

• Why is everyone being so goddamn rude to this person? Obviously all of you are intellectually gifted and superior to the rest of us, you should love to shower and lord your wisdom upon all of us. What I see is there is a slight language barrier and the poster listening to so of his friends that know less than he does. I'd question why you don't cut him a break, but like all things LET- a person finds a target and others pile on. Why not go rip on people for buying volumedrive (as they should know better), why not bring up GVH and rip on people for that dead horse, why not go target the absolute stupidity of many so called non newbies. Why not rip people for Vultr and keeping things on a server without known raid. Everyone should grow the fuck up

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Seriously2015 said: Everyone should grow the fuck up

Wah

• NomadNomad Member

@Seriously2015 said:
    Why is everyone being so goddamn rude to this person? Obviously all of you are intellectually gifted and superior to the rest of us, you should love to shower and lord your wisdom upon all of us. What I see is there is a slight language barrier and the poster listening to so of his friends that know less than he does. I'd question why you don't cut him a break, but like all things LET- a person finds a target and others pile on. Why not go rip on people for buying volumedrive (as they should know better), why not bring up GVH and rip on people for that dead horse, why not go target the absolute stupidity of many so called non newbies. Why not rip people for Vultr and keeping things on a server without known raid. Everyone should grow the fuck up

I think that's exactly why @Nekki was advising to do some research before buying one of these servers. Because he is a newbie. And he seems to have little information regarding what a dedicated server is.

I don't think I am being rude either. I really asked if he knows what KVM is. His friend, learning about the price and making a deduction, might have thought this is a VPS instead of a server. But the OP should know the difference as well.

And what I said about LET is true. It is a good source for knowledge but it's mostly targeted to non-newbies.

What part of our messages were rude, mind you explain that?

• Can't imagine many providers are going to be happy hosting the kind of content that I assume your site will be linking to...

• I don't see any rudeness here. What they told him is just "make some reasearch before buying something you don't really know". This is a pretty nice advice. Don't waste your money and then find yourselves in a terminal screen you don't even know how to move between folders. If you need to learn, rent a cheap VPS and learn on it for a month. Then buy a dedicated.

• @Seriously2015 said:
    Why is everyone being so goddamn rude to this person? Obviously all of you are intellectually gifted and superior to the rest of us, you should love to shower and lord your wisdom upon all of us. What I see is there is a slight language barrier and the poster listening to so of his friends that know less than he does. I'd question why you don't cut him a break, but like all things LET- a person finds a target and others pile on. Why not go rip on people for buying volumedrive (as they should know better), why not bring up GVH and rip on people for that dead horse, why not go target the absolute stupidity of many so called non newbies. Why not rip people for Vultr and keeping things on a server without known raid. Everyone should grow the fuck up

• @Nomad said:
    What part of our messages were rude, mind you explain that?

bro i know im new to this field i understand thats why im still searching things and i appreciate your help but please be nice to newb members :)

• @Issam2204 said:
    I don't see any rudeness here. What they told him is just "make some reasearch before buying something you don't really know". This is a pretty nice advice. Don't waste your money and then find yourselves in a terminal screen you don't even know how to move between folders. If you need to learn, rent a cheap VPS and learn on it for a month. Then buy a dedicated.

thanks for advice

• @alaningus said:
    Can't imagine many providers are going to be happy hosting the kind of content that I assume your site will be linking to...

i didn't get you bro

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

@1118lakmalkumara before purchasing a server, you should first try a small cheap vps to learn how to handle it. Give something like 4-5$ per year and learn how to setup it, and mostly, how to secure it. Then, if you feel ready and know what KVM, openVZ, XEn and setting up a server is, do the step and buy a server.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @jvnadr said:
    1118lakmalkumara before purchasing a server, you should first try a small cheap vps to learn how to handle it. Give something like 4-5$ per year and learn how to setup it, and mostly, how to secure it. Then, if you feel ready and know what KVM, openVZ, XEn and setting up a server is, do the step and buy a server.

do you get any offer 4-5$ for year ? any link

• defaultdefault Veteran

@1118lakmalkumara said:
    do you get any offer 4-5$ for year ? any link

I was thinking the same thing.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited May 2015

1118lakmalkumara said: do you get any offer 4-5$ for year ? any link

There are plenty of ipv6 boxes that costs even lower than 4-5$ per year (LES, etc.). Also, for ipv4, cheap small boxes from Bandwagonhost costs 3.9$ per year, evoburst 256 6€ per year, deepnet solutions 128MB yearly for 5,5$, berry.pw 64MB for 6$, etc. If you search LET/LEB you will find plenty of them.

• @jvnadr said:
    There are plenty of ipv6 boxes that costs even lower than 4-5$ per year (LES, etc.). Also, for ipv4, cheap small boxes from Bandwagonhost costs 3.9$ per year, evoburst 256 6€ per year, deepnet solutions 128MB yearly for 5,5$, berry.pw 64MB for 6$, etc. If you search LET/LEB you will find plenty of them.

thanks bro