Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone use rackspace paid email and notice google analytics tracking?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone use rackspace paid email and notice google analytics tracking?

Seriously2015Seriously2015 Member
edited May 2015 in General

Maybe I am misinterpreting ghostery and the page source, but it appears rackspace runs google analytics on the webmail interface for paid subscribers. Anyone else notice this or can explain if I am misinterpreting this?

Comments

• What's the problem here? Why not ask them?

• tcpdumptcpdump Member

People who care use ghostery(or similar) plus noscript and disable all junk javascript. People who don't care don't mind google (actually they love them, they have such wonderful free services).

It sucks paying for a service and still be the sold product but alternatives do exist.

• edited May 2015

@eric1212 said:
    What's the problem here?

The problem is that not everyone (myself included) wants to be tracked around the internet by Google Analytics.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Hello,

I don't use their webinterface, though, but I haven't notice any Google Analytics, at all. I've logged into their webmail and couldn't see it either.

We have 7 email accounts over there.

• edited May 2015

@MrGeneral said:
    Hello,

I don't use their webinterface, though, but I haven't notice any Google Analytics, at all. I've logged into their webmail and couldn't see it either.

We have 7 email accounts over there.

Hmm, I just noticed that too, although, maybe he means the request to:

https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/conversion.js

Which I'm sure goes straight into Google's tracking database too.

Thanked by 1MikePT