Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cPanel and Cloudflare FREE SSL
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cPanel and Cloudflare FREE SSL

xaitmixaitmi Member

Hi.

When I try to use CF's free SSL on one of my sites it says.

I just tried going to https://mydomain.com

How do you make CF's free SSL work with cPanel?

Note that I am not using the cf built into cpanel, I'm using my own cf acc

SORRY!
If you are the owner of this website, please contact your hosting provider: [email protected]
It is possible you have reached this page because:

The IP address has changed.
The IP address for this domain may have changed recently. Check your DNS settings to verify that the domain is set up correctly. It may take 8-24 hours for DNS changes to propagate. It may be possible to restore access to this site by following these instructions for clearing your dns cache.

There has been a server misconfiguration.
Please verify that your hosting provider has the correct IP address configured for your Apache settings and DNS records. A restart of Apache may be required for new settings to take affect.

The site may have been moved to a different server.
The URL for this domain may have changed or the hosting provider may have moved the account to a different server.

Comments

• ShivamShivam Member

Right now they don't support free SSL via cloudflare partners, in this case via CPANEL. you will need to sign up at cloudflare and configure your domain via them and enable 'FULL SSL' otherwise it won't work. If you try to contact the support they will go round and round in circles. Speaking with experience.

• comXyzcomXyz Member

Did you try flexible SSL?

Thanked by 1Fidde
  • FiddeFidde Member

You might not have a cert activated. You can either create one in cPanel or I could get you a free Wildcard if you PM me with a CSR. or, use flexible SSL (but then it's not really encrypted, but might be good for SEO).

• create self sign cert and use full ssl

• Are you using pro plan? Or Free?
    Because depends on your plan, you can wait up to 24 hours before their SSL will apply to you!

Btw, get free ssl from woosign, or startssl, and use full / strict mode in cloudflare. Without different issues.

• xaitmixaitmi Member

when I go to my site using https it works fine, the thing becomes green, but instead of my site loading i get the "default web site page" with the error that is mentioned in the op

• xaitmixaitmi Member

@comXyz said:
    Did you try flexible SSL?

Fixed it! Thanks

• How did you fixed it @xaitmi, i am having the same issue

• xaitmixaitmi Member

@shivoham said:
    How did you fixed it xaitmi, i am having the same issue

Go to cloudflare and change SSL to flexible

• @xaitimi i had already tried flexible ssl but still get the same warning message

• HorusHorus Member

@shivoham said:
    xaitimi i had already tried flexible ssl but still get the same warning message

add your htaccesst
    RewriteCond %{HTTPS} !on
    RewriteRule (.*) https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI}