Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to setup a PPTPD VPN server with multiple IPs?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to setup a PPTPD VPN server with multiple IPs?

JamesBotJamesBot Member
edited May 2015 in Help

I've been looking around, but can't find a clear way of doing this? I know PPTP is the worst VPN method, but it is the best option for me. Does anyone know how to do this within the same VPS?

I don't want it to randomly assign one of the IPs. I want it so when you connect to one of the IPs, it will connect to that specific IP.

Comments

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I don't know how to do what you're looking for, but you can setup multiple accounts and assign each one their own dedicated IP.

In the chap-secrets file, after the password instead of the typical wildcard (*) enter a specific IP and that account will always use that public IP.

• @KuJoe said:
    I don't know how to do what you're looking for, but you can setup multiple accounts and assign each one their own dedicated IP.

In the chap-secrets file, after the password instead of the typical wildcard (*) enter a specific IP and that account will always use that public IP.

Do I need to assign the other additional IPs to be used by the PPTPD script as well?

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

That's a good question, I've never setup more than one IP per server so I'm not 100% sure. I say give it a try and see (trial and error is always fun).

• edited May 2015

You should look into postrouting, then use something like this..

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s (IP)/24 -o eth0 -j SNAT --to-source (IP)

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s (IP)/24 -o eth0 -j SNAT --to-source (IP)

One for every ip...