Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A cheap dedi with multi IPv4 option in europe ??
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

A cheap dedi with multi IPv4 option in europe ??

immyimmy Member

Hello,
Guys I have been looking for a cheap dedi in europe.
Whenever I search US dedi's are around a lot with very affordable extra IPs but Europe options are less.
So my question here is that how cheap it can actually be to get a europe dedi with following spec.

A xeon processor (8 threads required - more is better only if value is good)
8GB+ ram (12GB is ideal)
1 HDD can do but reduction of space in favor of 2 HDDs is also possible like having 2 500GB disks instead of a single 1TB
5TB+ data transfer
/29 to start with but what will be the cost is adding /28 or /27 in future

When looking for US I have seen offer touching $35-40 with quite some IPv4 addresses and even one has delimiter / Mark's offers as well for US but something like that is not available for europe locations. Just for an idea is it possible in $45 ?

Comments

• OVH/Hetzner are good options.

Delimiter will finally make an announcement later this month on EU availability. So depending on your timeline this may help.

Thanked by 1immy
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Hetzner has high costs for IPs because you need to get the flexi pack for 15€/mo. just to be able to order more than 3 additional IPs.

Thanked by 1losangelaiou
  • earlearl Member
    edited May 2015

whoops wrong thread.. NVM.

so many of these request thread is kinda hard to keep up.. lol

• Checkout now https://www.mypkhost.com/cart.php?gid=21
    additional IPs 32 and available on /24 block

• WilliamWilliam Member

stop spamming, you are not in europe.

• WilliamWilliam Member

eh apparently is germany, but still: please stop spamming every thread...

• They seem to resell servdiscount...

• BruceBruce Member

@immy said:
    Just for an idea is it possible in $45 ?

Any RIPE IPs will cost you at least $2/IP/m, and usually more. More like $4

everything is more expensive in the EU, apart from a few places in the East. Look for Romania and Hungary for deals. UK/DE/FR/NL are expensive, not just for IPs.

Thanked by 1immy
  • rds100rds100 Member
    edited May 2015

Bruce said: Any RIPE IPs will cost you at least $2/IP/m, and usually more. More like $4

Not really, 1024 IPs cost 1500 EUR / year directly from RIPE.
    Do your math.

Thanked by 1immy
  • BruceBruce Member

@rds100 said:
    1024 IPs cost 1500 EUR / year directly from RIPE

so, it costs a LIR €1.5 per IP. but getting allocation isn't easy, which is why there's an aftermarket for IPs. unless you're a new LIR getting a /22, mostly you need to pay the market rate.

if I'm wrong, please explain how to go about getting cheap IPs. please

anyway, I'm talking about 90% of the providers, who are charging top money for IPs, not what they might be paying RIPE to keep their allocation.

• earlearl Member

@mypkhost said:
    Checkout now https://www.mypkhost.com/cart.php?gid=21
    additional IPs 32 and available on /24 block

All you're doing is reselling from servdiscount.com, online.net! Stop spamming your crappy offers everywhere, its getting annoying!

• rds100rds100 Member

Bruce said: so, it costs a LIR €1.5 per IP.

Yes, 1.5 EUR pery IP per year, divide by 12 to get the monthly cost.
    Yes, that's for a new LIR. You could incorporate as many companies as you want and register as many LIRs as you want. Yes, there is some barrier to entry, but still it is not impossible to do it.
    So this is just a calculation of real world costs of IPs to the larger providers. Of course they don't sell / lease the IPs at cost, they do it at much higher price. Why? Because they can. And because it makes busyness sense.

• immyimmy Member

@MarkTurner Well looking forward to delimiter EU offer. I can make do for another month or two. OVH/ hetzner already checked out. Hetzner IPs come in costly. OVH can be an option but looking for alternatives as well.
    yeah its seems @mypkhost is reselling and commenting a lot on every thread.
    @Bruce will try to get in touch with providers in hungary and romania.
    Thanks everyone for feedback, some offers will be greatly appreciated.

• MSPNickMSPNick Member

I got this in the UK if your interested?

2x XEON X5355

16GB RAM

146GB HDD

Let me know..

Thanked by 1immy
  • cociucociu Member
    edited May 2015

@immy we can offer you up to 256 ip/server for 1 euro/ipv4/mo or one time 300 eur/24 and montly fee 50 eur. And the server cost with your spec about 35 eur/mo

Thanked by 1immy
  • immyimmy Member

@MSPNICK Just sending you a PM.
    @cociu Also sending a PM to you as well.