Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any cheap storage vps?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any cheap storage vps?

RurikoRuriko Member
edited October 2012 in Providers

Anyone know a host that sell cheap storage vps? I only know BuyVM but their storage plan rarely has stock. My purpose is to host images and just hotlink them on my main server

Comments

• This is different from "storage VPS", at least from my definition of "storage VPS".

Thanked by 1Liam
  • AsadAsad Member
    edited October 2012

@Ruriko I think you want CDN hosting

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

SecureDragon has some storage VPSes (Backup tho).
    M

Thanked by 1Asim
  • serverbearserverbear Member
    edited October 2012

Pretty sure SD is out of stock, check out Catalyst Host @jarland

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@serverbear said: Pretty sure SD is out of stock

This is correct. No ETA on when we'll be building a new server either at the moment. Even if it was in stock, the OP wouldn't be able to use it for what he's wanting to since our Backup VPSs are for backups only.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Thanks for the mention @serverbear :)

I have stock just not listed right now. Also, best price/storage/quality I'm aware of is hostigation 100gb for $10.

Hostigation discontinued those too.
    Yes,they would have not been ok for the purpose, but were storage in some sense, I specified it was for backup.
    I think torqhost had still some in the offer. http://torqhost.com/virtual_private_servers/storage
    M

• How much disk do you need?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Hostigation didn't discontinue the $10/100gb, not a storage plan, just makes a really nice one ;)

Ah, sorry, thought you were mentioning the storage ones :P
    M

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

look at the posts on http://www.lowendbox.com

there are many offers with a lot of storage... or get multiple vps for your hosting needs.

• Hit us up if you want a backup/space VPS.

50GB raid10 space for $5

100GB raid10 space for $10

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited October 2012

storage vps gets asked almost every week. maybe make a sticky one?

• What kind of space are we looking for? and what is the budget? I am sure we can make something work. are you needing more than 40gb?

I think a kimsufi atom will do OK.
    M

• I could provide something with 256mb ram 1 core and 40gb storage for somewhere in the 8.50 range.

• ReeRee Member

I used to use a VPS for the dynamic content and "unlimited" shared hosting for the images. Was cheap, and worked extremely well.

• This really uses more bandwidth and space than memory.

• I think a kimsufi atom will do OK.

I'll second that. 1 terabyte of storage (plus 100GB FTP backup storage) and 2GB ram for 14.99 euros. "Unlimited bandwidth" (5TB at 100 at 100Mbs, and then they throttle you to 10Mbs for the rest of the month if you go over 5TB monthly)

The last Kimsufi 2G I received was a Celeron 220 not an Atom.

• @Maounique said: I think torqhost had still some in the offer. http://torqhost.com/virtual_private_servers/storage

any promo codes? offer details?

• If paid yearly, that torqhost plan is a great deal.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@Ree said: I used to use a VPS for the dynamic content and "unlimited" shared hosting for the images. Was cheap, and worked extremely well.

What host did you use? All 'unlimited' hosts I've seen so far, would nuke you for that (TOS violations).

• flyfly Member

Definitely go with a kimsufi. Fiber volt and Chicagovps both give you a boatload of storage for cheap as well.

• ReeRee Member

Currently 1 year into a 3 year free deal with Hostable (who I believe are affiliated with Brinkster).

As long as the data on their servers is being served (and not just there for backup purposes) they're more than happy to host it. I'd bet they're happy to have my account used for this purpose too. I might use more than average HD space, but I also use way less than average CPU and RAM. Maybe if I started using TOO much HD space it would have become an issue, but at 60GB they didn't care.