Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Celebrate with Us: "Happy Birthday Chris - Surprise Inside!"
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Celebrate with Us: "Happy Birthday Chris - Surprise Inside!"

Today we are happy to announce the ChicagoVPS Birthday Bash Special. This limited time special includes two yearly deals, one DDoS Protected VPS and one OpenVZ SSD Cached VPS.

Birthday Bash DDoS Special

With ChicagoVPS you are getting a DDoS protected server unlike any other offered on the market. Our DDoS protection is provided by on site RioRey hardware appliances, not external filtering through tunnels like you may have seen with other offers in the past.

4 Intel Xeon Cores

512MB RAM

20GB SSD Cached Storage

1TB Bandwidth

1 Dedicated DDoS Filtered IP

Only $48/year! Direct order link

Birthday Bash OpenVZ Special

4 Intel Xeon Cores

1GB RAM

30GB SSD Cached Storage

1.5TB Bandwidth

1 Dedicated IP

Only $39/year! Direct order link

Note: When you click through a direct order link, the product price will automatically be lowered on the checkout page.

PayPal, Credit/Debit card, and Bitcoin are all accepted.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact us HERE.

Comments

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited April 2015

Is that the same RioRey hardware that fails to protect lowendtalk.com most of the time so that CloudFlare has to be used?
    What can it do better than "external filtering through tunnels like you may have seen with other offers in the past."? Besides lower latency...

Serious questions. No birthday bashing.

• Amitz said: Serious question.

I am not familiar with the specific setup being used for LowEndTalk. However when it comes to our DDoS protected plans, we have not seen any issues like that.

• AmitzAmitz Member

@CVPS_Matt said:

Well, it's the same hardware that ColoCrossing owns and that you get access to, isn't it? Why should it work better for you than for LET? And, allow me to repeat the second question: What does it it do better compared to a good filtered tunnel as provided by the competition? Any special features? Higher Gbps, more Pps?

• @CVPS_Matt said:

Does that mean CVPS staff > LET/Colocrossing staff?

• It looks like you are enjoying scaring him away. Why are you attacking him? :(

• AmitzAmitz Member

I am not at all attacking him. I am asking legitimate questions as a possible consumer of their product.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2015

@Amitz @tr1cky

There is a simple explanation here:

1. The attacks on LEB/T are most likely a completely different kind of attack than a VPS would see

2. Matt is correct, the product we have been selling have not had any issues or complaints from the end user. I'll state it again, the nature of an attack is completely different when it comes to LEB/T compared to a VPS running a game server or something else that gains DDoS attention.

The answer you are probably looking for, as to why is our protection better than a GRE tunnel:

We filter in the same datacenter as your service will be. So there is no additional latency commonly experienced with a remotely tunneled solution.

That is the best answer I can come up with. If you are looking for more, you would have to find out directly from ColoCrossing as to why LEB is having issues.

Thanks

Chris

• AmitzAmitz Member

What makes the nature of the attack that much different, if I may ask? I do not get why a site hosted on a VPS should be treated differently by the DDoS badasses if they are trying to cause trouble. And what are the limits of the included DDoS protection in terms of Gbps/Packets per second?

• @CVPS_Chris, before self-promotion, answer the damn ticket, it's been sitting for 2 weeks.

• kkrajkkkrajk Member

toirdaprr said: before self-promotion, answer the damn ticket, it's been sitting for 2 weeks.

^^

@toirdaprr said:
    CVPS_Chris, before self-promotion, answer the damn ticket, it's been sitting for 2 weeks.

Not sure what you mean, we don't have any tickets that old open. If you have an issue you can PM me the ticket ID.

• @CVPS_Chris, of course, I'm lying, I won't renew them anyway, so go celebrate your birthday. I feel sorry for your life.

• JonchunJonchun Member

Even if you GRE'd it in, if it's in the same city or even same state, you're adding like 5-10ms tops latency wise... I can't see anyone taking bad filtering over good filtering just to shave 5 ms off latency.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

Well lets wish him a Happy Birthday first , even if you're not concerned with ordering their products :) let him be happy atleast for a day !

• AmitzAmitz Member

So no technical specs concerning the limits of the protection?

@>; @toirdaprr said:

CVPS_Chris, of course, I'm lying, I won't renew them anyway, so go celebrate your birthday. I feel sorry for your life.

How about you post the ticket ID publicly then so I can look into it. I am 100% certain no tickets are open remotely close to the time you are suggesting.

• ZigaraZigara Member

@Amitz said:
    So no technical specs concerning the limits of the protection?

I would also like to know the limits of the protection.

• AmitzAmitz Member

@Zigara said:

9 days later... I guess we won't find out.