Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndSpirit & littlehappycloud HAproxy Update (reverse Proxy)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndSpirit & littlehappycloud HAproxy Update (reverse Proxy)

AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
edited April 2015 in Providers

Hi Folks,

As it keeps coming up in tickets etc and 90% of the user base are from here anyway I thought I would pop an update here for anyone that missed it (an email was sent).

HAProxy is now integrated directly in to solusvm (Inception locations only - JP,UK,NL,IT,Dallas) thanks to some nifty work from Phill from OnApp/Solus.

No more messing about with scripts or waiting hours for it to apply.

Just open the proxy domains tab in solusvm, put your domain in and you are done, auto wildcards are no longer standard you do have to add each sub domain separate now which actually works better for the logic of everything as it is ACL based.

I am pretty pleased with it as this was the ideal solution.

I put this in general so it gets seen but if the mods feel it is a bit promotional feel free to change it, I don't really post direct adverts here these days due to the attacks.

Hopefully this makes thing easier for the LES community.

cheers.

Ant.

Further info on how other locations work currently: http://forum.lowendspirit.com/viewtopic.php?pid=6621#p6621

Comments

• ATHKATHK Member

That's awesome!

Thank you!!

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

Good to see that the HAProxy setup is still working out :)

Thanked by 2netomx AnthonySmith
  • You really can't replace this with sniproxy, eh? It will be so much more useful if we can have SSL.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@elwebmaster said:
    You really can't replace this with sniproxy, eh? It will be so much more useful if we can have SSL.

haproxy supports ssl it on the roadmap but to be honest it is not a highly requested feature, people just use cloudflare and 6<>4 when they want ssl.

so it will be done but I don't have a date yet.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@joepie91 said:
    Good to see that the HAProxy setup is still working out :)

yep thanks for the tip 2 years ago :)

Thanked by 1netomx