Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ICANN contact - Registrar experts
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ICANN contact - Registrar experts

Hi, I have one client that didn't renew one .mobi domain and after 6 weeks after expiration, he asked desperately to renew it.

Expiration date: 21th feb 2015.

Now it's happened more than 60 days (62 in fact) and should be already deleted, but it's still locked and after talking with half world, seems that this depends on ICANN, but its contact numbers are all machines and they point to a number that doesn't work: +1585 2493102.

So my question is, where to call or what form to fill to ask them to unlock the domain and alow my client to get domain back again ?

Thanks

Comments

• What about calling the registry that handles .mobi. They control their registry's policies:

dotMobi
    2 La Touche House
    IFSC
    Dublin 1
    Ireland
    Email: contact [at] dotmobi.mobi
    Phone: +353.1.854.1100
    Fax: +353.1.791.8569

• That's the 1st thing I did. They sent me to a US number and in USA told me they can't do anything about this, that I should talk with my registrar (OVH).

But OVH say that they have it all ready to renew, but it's locked and this depends directly to ICANN in fact.

Damn .... I called 15 numbers around the globe, LOL

• Well dotMobi control their registry, they set their expiration times and also can resurrect domains if they choose to.

ICANN does not control this, they are just the glue the holds it all together.

Thanked by 1Scottsman