Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a VPS (1GB-512MB) (1Gbps) (15/20GB)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need a VPS (1GB-512MB) (1Gbps) (15/20GB)

Issam2204Issam2204 Member
edited April 2015 in Requests

(Crazy) request.

I need a very cheap VPS with 1GB (acceptable with 512MB), 1Gbps stable unmetered connection, 15/20 GB storage, location EU (NL, DE, FR) or US. --> Cheap for me means no more than 30€ per year.

Some remarks:

• I understand most VPS providers offer fair share port, but I'd prefer to avoid things like having 400Mbps/s one moment and then 30Mbps/s. Instead I'd prefer to have 150 or 200 Mbps/s continuous. I like the idea of unmetered but in reality I'll be using perhaps 2 to 3 TB per month (personal OpenVPN and webhosting).

• Good panel to manage the VPS. I'm having issues with some VPS right now (you click on reboot and it doesn't reboot, web app gets stuck, no more than one command every 10 minutes, etc.)

• Good image OS. I've tried some VPS where Linux images were customized and not in a very good way. You could see errors at login, etc.

NB: I'm still new to this beautiful world :) I've had the opportunity to try different providers and day after day I understand who are the best providers for my usage. So far I must say that DigitalOcean wins, but the price is too high (5€ per month).

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Providers can provide you 3TB bandwidth per month at stable speed on 1Gbps port.

But no one can guarantee you have 150 or 200 MBs stable, unless you pay a lot of money. Not even happens with Online.net dedicated servers.

Thanked by 1Issam2204
  • @Issam2204 said:
    (Crazy) request.

I need a very cheap VPS with 1GB (acceptable with 512MB), 1Gbps stable unmetered connection, 15/20 GB storage, location EU (NL, DE, FR) or US. --> Cheap for me means no more than 30€ per year.

Some remarks:

• I understand most VPS providers offer fair share port, but I'd prefer to avoid things like having 400MB/s one moment and then 30MB/s. Instead I'd prefer to have 150 or 200 MB/s continuous. I like the idea of unmetered but in reality I'll be using perhaps 2 to 3 TB per month (personal OpenVPN and webhosting).

• Good panel to manage the VPS. I'm having issues with some VPS right now (you click on reboot and it doesn't reboot, web app gets stuck, no more than one command every 10 minutes, etc.)

• Good image OS. I've tried some VPS where Linux images were customized and not in a very good way. You could see errors at login, etc.

NB: I'm still new to this beautiful world :) I've had the opportunity to try different providers and day after day I understand who are the best providers for my usage. So far I must say that DigitalOcean wins, but the price is too high (5€ per month).

Thanks for reading!

Digitalocean unmetered?

• @comXyz thank you for explaining this to me!

Do you think (excluding the 200 MB/s stable thing) that my request is feasible?

• @dragon1993
    Yes, they are unmetered.

• @Issam2204 said:
    comXyz thank you for explaining this to me!

Do you think (excluding the 200 MB/s stable thing) that my request is feasible?

"30MBs stable" still too much. Or do you mean Mbs instead of MBs?

Thanked by 1Issam2204
  • Ops! Yes I meant 30Mbs :) I'll edit the post.

• Issam2204 said: @dragon1993 Yes, they are unmetered.

I see bandwidth limit here.

• AICAIC Member

The transfer in dg is not unmetered. Do check the card after a month pass.

How many vps servers you need. We can arrange on yearly plan, but your budget is a bit low from the possible one.

Try out one of the vps for a month on $1 if working good for you. We will set an offer for you.
    https://aivpshosting.com

• Issam2204Issam2204 Member
    edited April 2015

@dragon1993
    They don't charge for it. Officially there is a cap, unofficially it's unmetered for the time being. They still don't have a way to monitor bandwidth from all droplets.

This is what I got from a ticket I sent two days ago:

Hello Issam,

At this time, traffic statistics are not yet available. Until these statistics are readily available to you, > we will not process any charges for any additional transfer beyond your Droplet plan.

:)

• We can provide 500Mbps port, 4gb ram, 1core, 35gb sas storage for $8/mo

https://euservr.com/france-500mbps-linux-vps.html

• Hi, Have a look at our plan below.

INTEL Xeon Processor|2 Core|512MB Ram|1GB Swap| 50GB SATA | 4TB Traffic @€29.99/yearly

https://www.host-palace.com/sata-ssd-cloud-vps
    Thanks You!

Thanked by 1Issam2204
  • Looks nice HostPalace!

• Issam2204 said: but the price is too high (5€ per month).

euservr said: for $8/mo

@euservr Way to pay attention to the OP's request ...

Thanked by 1Issam2204